25. The Night the Clown Cried

Start from the beginning

"Tarnation that's it! Come back here! I got a double barrelled surprise for you!" The farmer can be heard shouting as Scooby flees into a nearby corn field and gunshots sound out. As Scooby continues to run he soon finds himself coming out of the corn field and onto a road. Before he can even think he has escaped however he is caught in a pair of headlights and Scooby yelps. The car the headlights belong to stops just front of Scooby now who was lying on the road with his hands on his head whimpering. One of the car doors open now revealing it to be a limo.

"Scooby Doo?"  A woman's voice calls out and Scooby removes his hands sitting up.      

"Uh, Yeah?" Scooby says.

"Get in." The woman says and Scooby wastes no time as he gets in the limo and it begins to speed away.   

Scooby lets out a sigh of relief now before he looks at the woman sat across from him now. 

"Do I know you?" He asks her.

"My name is Janet Nettles. I'm the new mayor of Crystal Cove. The town and I need your help Scooby. We've been attacked by an evil man baby called the Crybaby Clown." She says both introducing herself and why she had helped rescue Scooby.

"Sorry. I can't help. Not until I find my friends." Scooby says. 

 "I think I can help you with that." Janet says as she holds up a file now and tosses it fall beside Scooby and he opens it to see pictures of Shaggy, Velma, Fred and Daphne. "There's everything I could find about their whereabouts." Janet says but looking at the picture of Y/n makes her uncomfortable with the idea of taking him out of prison and she knows she has an important decision to make. 

"Got any Scooby Snacks?" Scooby asks her now taking her out of her thoughts.

"You are nothing but insignificant polyps on the goiter of humanity!" A drill Sergeant calls out to his recruits as they stand at attention. 

"Yes sir, goiter, sir!" They all reply. 

The sergeant looks around now but his face shows anger when he sees a familiar face.

"Private Hippie! Did I not tell you to shave that growth off your face?" He asks Shaggy pointing to his stubble.

"Like dude, Um sir. It's kind of got a mind of it's own. I'm like not even sure what it is." shaggy says meekly.

"Private Hippie, Do you take me for a fool?" The drill sergeant ask him.

"Um sir, Do you really want me to answer that?" Shaggy replies but before he gets a response the bunker they are in begins to rumble and everyone looks around confused. The rumbling gets more frequent as lights begins to sway and the drill sergeant turns to a wall. 

"What the..."

But his sentence is interrupted by a tank crashing through the wall now. The hatch to the tank opens now and out of it appears Scooby doo. 

"Leave my private Hippie...I mean Shaggy alone." Scooby says.

"Scooby Doo! Boy am I glad to see you!" Shaggy says surprised and happy as he rushes to the tanks and starts to climb onto it.

"We're under attack boys!" The drill sergeant cries as he grabs a gun from a nearby rack. "Remember you're training." But as he takes up his position and looks back he can see the other cadets fleeing and he shakes his head in disappointment. "Ugh..Teenagers..." He groans. 

With Shaggy in the tank now Scooby closes the hatch and the two escape the military school. 

"Like how'd you find me?" Shaggy asks Scooby.