Chapter Eight

"Tour?"

"Tour..."

Lauren wants to be selfish, as usual, and literally ask if she can go on the road with him. Jermaine has just stepped back into her life, and just like that, he is going to be away from her again. But Lauren knows better; this is his job, he is J. Cole after all. She can't make him put his entire career on hold for her. Can she? What if he realizes where he is "meant to be," and leaves her hanging like he did last time?

"Yeah, all the way through August, ending back home. Got to show the city some love," Jermaine says quietly after a beat into the receiver.

Lauren smiles genuinely to herself. "Of course. And the city will love it."

"For sure. Have you made it to your hotel yet?" J asks suddenly.

"Pulling in. What's up? Is your plane about to board?"

Jermaine chuckles, and Lauren's stomach tightens at the sound of it. She wishes she could witness his smile in person. It's been over two weeks since she's last seen him. It's almost like they are really boyfriend and girlfriend. But unfortunately, that is not the case. He's got a ring on it.

"Yeah. I'm actually walking through the terminal right now. I gotta go, but I'm glad we got to talk," the classic rapper says sweetly.

"Jermaine, geez. Get on your flight. We'll talk later. Hey, and don't call me, I'll call you!" Lauren laughs.

J chuckles again. "Gotcha, baby girl."

When they hang up and the phone screen goes black, Laur surprisingly feels content. She knows that their careers are way more important right now than this silly...whatever it is. And besides, it's not like she will never see him again. He found his way back to her this time, and chances are he can do it again.

BD pulls the black Escalade up the NYLO hotel and helps Lauren out of the car. A decent amount of fans have crowded around the entrance since Laur accidentally left her location on in a tweet earlier today. But the singer is more than happy to sign autographs and take pictures. Even though everybody says this, Lauren believes that she's got the chillest, most ride-or-die fan base ever. Her fans are like no other.

"Thank you so much, Laré! You're my fav!"

BD taps Lauren on the arm as she's taking a selfie with a teenaged girl, warning her that hotel security needs them to get inside because the fans are a fire hazard and disturbing guests. Laur quickly snaps the pic and then heads inside the building with the burly man, but not before thanking everyone for being so supportive and awesome as always. The singer and bodyguard reach the elevator, where they will spilt ways until morning. Lauren kisses BD on the cheek after he drops her off at her place first. She goes into the hotel room, in a really good mood thanks to the phone call with Jermaine. He's the second best stress reliever after music, and next time he comes in town, Lauren will make sure he is aware of that.

Lauren steps into the room to find the suite dimly lit, weird because she left in the daytime and wouldn't have needed to turn the lights on. Laur shakes the thought away for a second, but then her suspicions do not go unheeded as she spots crumpled rolling paper wrappers, a leather jacket and sweatshirt all in the living room. Suddenly things come together. Chance must be here, but with who? Lauren just had to buy a coat the other day because she left all her other ones at home, and she is currently wearing it. She doesn't smoke, own a leather jacket or a Sox hoodie...

Lauren inches slowly towards the wide curtain that cuts off the bedroom from the rest of the suite, a little afraid of what is waiting behind it. Her shaky fingers seize the thick fabric, drag it to the side, and good grief, nothing could have prepared her for what was on the other side.

Dreamin'On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara