Doom Patrol

"In all known time, there has never been a greater monster or miracle than the human being."

Bryant Mcgill

Rachel and Persephone were running as fast as possible, trying to put some distance between themselves and the nuns

Rachel and Persephone were running as fast as possible, trying to put some distance between themselves and the nuns. They were started by the sound of a tigers growl. This instantly confused Persephone as last time she checked; tigers were not local to this area. When she saw the tiger despite it being green, Persephone still pulled Rachel protectively behind her.

The tiger slowly circled them as Persephone tried to keep herself between Rachel and it at all times. It seemed to be in pain before it suddenly bounded into the undergrowth. Rachel and Persephone didn't move for fear of startling it.

They suddenly sough a green-haired boy pop up from the undergrowth "is that your cute boy from the arcade?" Persephone asked an equally confused Rachel.

"How... How'd you..." Rachel managed to stutter out at him.

"Don't worry. I don't bite." He said, smiling.

"maybe he would bite you if you asked him to," Persephone said, wiggling her eyebrows at Rachel, who just snorted and hit Persephone jokingly.

Gar jogged round to where the two girls were, "well, come on," he told them. He then grabbed Rachel's hand and jogged off with her. Rachel still had her hand in Persephone's and refused to let go of it, which meant that her hands were taken.

They stooped after not too long so they could warm up. Gar made a little fire in the middle of an old hut. "You know what's annoying?" Persephone asked the teens, "the nuns had enough presence of mind to take my damme phone! how unfair is that." The teens just laughed at her.

"where are we going anyway" Rachel finally asked.

"It's not too far from here." Gar was not revelling anything, "we'll just warm up for a bit."

"What's not far from here?" Rachel asked

"Where are we going?" Persephone added, she was not enjoying the suspense.

"Someplace you can chill." Gar was choosing to ignore the fact that they wanted to know where they were going.

" I can't chill." Rachel was frustrated, "you don't understand... I'm changing, and I can feel it. And it's getting worse." Persephone put a comforting hand on her knee. Rachel gave her a sad smile.

"Well, no worse than the crew I live with," Gar said, trying to comfort her.

"And who is your crew?" Persephone asked. She wanted to know what she was getting herself in for.

"Trust me. We're, uh... special, too." Gar said, trying to sidestep the question.

"I'm not special. I'm dangerous." Rachel said, falling down the hole of self-pity, "you saw what I did back there. I... "