Chapter 1

PART 1: Meeting Mr. Joongcheveevat

************************************

"No, Mrs. Norburry, you can't do this to me." I followed my professor down the corridor, my black bag slung across my white uniform shirt.

Mrs. Norburry didn't like me much—in fact, she doesn't like anyone—but here I was trying my hardest so that I could have a future. "Thank you, Mrs. Norburry." I came to a halt in the middle of the road, and she looked at me as if I were insane.

Mrs. Norburry was frightening at times, but I was taller and wider than she was. So when my six-foot frame appeared in front of her, she literally came to a halt. "What exactly is it?" She inquired harshly, looking up at me.

"I apologise for my presentation. I had no idea my sister-"

"Kanawut Traipipattanapong, enough of your excuses! I can no longer tolerate your recklessness ". She stated emphatically her displeasure with my careless presentation. I didn't blame her in the least.

So I did everything I could to win her sympathies by making puppy looks. I was convinced it would work because it had previously worked. Perhaps it was the innocence in my beautiful eyes and the dimple that deepened every time I smiled, according to my mother.

"Please give me one more chance." I pleaded from the bottom of my heart. To be honest, my grades were really important to me - not only because I wanted to graduate with a decent percentage, but also because they were my last hope, my one ticket out of this shambles that is NewTroney. It was the scholarship I was after!

It's been six years since I discovered myself, and when I learned I wouldn't be treated normally in this town, my objective in life became to sail abroad and live happily in one of those countries where people like me will be welcomed for who we are.

Yes! I come from a minority community where people call us "names" and stereotype us as "sissy" and "horny," while this religious portion calls us "sinners" and "a plague to society." Some people, it appears, do not even regard us as humans and would rather have us executed than allow us to love someone. History has been brutal and ruthless to people like me, but recent times have not been any better. But it no longer matters. I'm aware that there are countries and people far away who understand sexuality better and would accept me for who I am, granting me the right to live as a decent human being.

Mrs. Norburry handing me a D-minus on my presentation because my little sister, Anna, messed up my project with her 'Runway project' should not deter me from achieving my goals. I was twenty-one years old and not getting any younger, so I was ambitious.

Mrs. Norburry gave me a quick glance, slid her spectacles back, and nodded. "Please don't let me down." She was firm in her warning, and my upbeat personality broke open towards her.

I thanked her and dashed out of the corridor, figuring it was one of my lucky days. Even so, I was furious with my fourteen-year-old sister, Anna. She was like a little villain who was overly skilled at what she did.

I gave her credit since, despite being a girl, she has managed to maintain a high level of popularity among her peers, referring to herself as a "fashion icon," which is how she ended up changing my presentation folders with hers and embarrassing me only a few minutes ago. But there was only so much I could do for my younger sister because I am supposed to love and care for her.

I eventually made it beyond campus, lost in thought. I couldn't wait to get a taxi home and prepare for my talk. That's when I became distracted.

From around the corner, I heard, "suck up your ass, guy!" Obviously, I was overhearing a conversation.