"7? Already?" Zak complains. Silence. "Hmm. It's raining pretty heavily outside. How 'bout you just spend the night over," he offers.

"I'm not sure if my parents will allow that."

"I'll talk to them tomorrow. You could borrow my uniform, I have plenty. And after school I could talk to your parents about it. They'll be fine."

"Fine," I give up.

Zak let's out a squeal of excitement as the words leave my mouth. "I'll go get food! Stay here!" He yells to me as he exits the room.

The room is filled with silence as I'm left alone. The only noises come from outside, the rain. I scramble out of Zak's bed and take my backpack which fell to the side of his bed. I unzip it, taking a textbook, a notebook, and a worksheet. My supply bag was no where to be found.

Zak enters the room, humming to himself. I hear the clanking between a fork and plate. A small scratching sound as Zak climbs into his bed. "Back!" He announces his arrival.

"Welcome back," I say, hopping in bed next to him. "Do you have a pen? I need to do my homework."

Zak scoops mashed potatoes with a spoon that looks worth more than my bed. He sticks the spoon, laying upside down in his mouth. "Mhm," I hear barely. He leaves bed and walks to his desk, pulling out a drawer and taking a pen. He throws me it from across the room, the pen hitting my textbook.

"Thanks."

"Mhm," Zak pulls the spoon out of his mouth, making a clicking sound. "Are you hungry?"

"Not really," I say, clicking on the pen, biting on the clicker out of habit. I feel Zak's hefty stare as I do. I try to ignore it, I pull the pen out between my teeth and click it to write. As I do, I realize Zak's stares were because of my biting of his pen. I cross my legs, turning pages from my notebook to transfer to my worksheet. "Sorry," I mumble.

Zak doesn't say anything, just murmuring softly. We don't talk. We let the sound of writing, fork clinks, and rainfall take over. Zak lays his head on my shoulder, making soft noises with his mouth. The pressure heavies, I felt like I had to be smart as he watched. My heart pound as he hummed a sweet melody.

I flip and turn pages lining up information to answer my worksheet with. Zak eats as I do. His chews out a pressure on my shoulder but I keep quiet. I was only doing homework for one class. Detention would be worth giving up for some peaceful time with Zak.

I couldn't focus though. My mind paced, trying to understand complex situations and Zak- Zak was so close. I was probably boring him. I only wanted him to be happy though. My best moments were when he was happy.

I finish up working on my last problem before shutting all pieces of work. Zak moves out of his resting place on my shoulder. Tugging on the turtleneck the third time today, I pick up all schoolwork and pack it secure in my backpack. "Phew," I huff, sitting next to Zak once again.

I scatter my hand around the bed, looking for the pen but find it nowhere to be found. "Shoot. Can't find the pen."

"Hmm? Oh, that's fine. One pen gone isn't a huge loss." Zak rambles, scooping more mashed potatoes into his spoons and scooping gravy on top.

A sudden knock on the door. "Your majesty," a new voice calls from the opposite side of the door. Zak nudges me off the bed, leading me to  under his bed. I squat under, out of view. He shushes me as he goes to answer the door.

"Hello."

"Your majesty. The guards have informed me that you invited a friend. We need to take them home," the voice says.

"He already left. I let him out the back door," Zak lies.

"Ok, but I'll have to ask the guards guarding the back door about that. You have to sleep soon."

The talking quiets. The door shuts and Zak returns. The lock turns. I peek my head to look beyond the bed and I see Zak walking back. He picks up his plates and leaves it at his desk, and sighs, setting up a space close to his bed. Zak threw pillows on the floor and tucked a blanket under.

"I'm think I'm hitting the hay. You can sleep in my bed, I'll sleep on the floor."

"Night," I whisper. "I think I'm heading to bed too."

"Mhm," he nods, fluffing his pillows. "Night," he goes to flick the lights off.

I undo the bed, feeling unworthy to sleep in a bed so expensive. I lay my glasses on Zak's nightstand. As my head hit his pillow, my mind swarmed with thoughts.

My feelings overtake my thoughts. A rainy day, sleeping in my maybe first crush was a perfect time to think about how I felt about him. Rain pattered against the bedroom window, for some reason this causes me to think of the kiss I shared with Vincent. Do you think maybe I can have something like that with Zak? That'd be weird. That is weird. Don't be weird.

As I lie alone in Zak's bed thinking about him, listening to his soft snores, I drift to sleep.

——————————————————————————
Thank you for reading part 19 :)

Feel free to give suggestions and vote if you enjoyed!
——————————————————————————
Words: 1715

ALSO I just wanted to give a quick thank you and shoutout to Caramelo_0  !!They made really great art about this story and I really couldn't thank them enough! The art really made my day so make sure to check the out!!

These were all based on the last chapter ^^

Thank you again! :D

Lmk if you want me to change the image at the beginning of the chapter to the art,, I'll replace it if you want

❤️❤️