sleepover

~Vincent's POV~

After that day, my feelings for Darryl only got stronger. We planned a sleepover for the next day since it was a step for repairing our friendship.

The day had come and we decided it would be at his house. I would arrive a hour before afternoon and we could just spend the whole day hanging out.

At 9, I woke up. My parents were at work at the restaurant and I stopped by to get my breakfast. I got a loaf of bread, cut it into a slim slice, and toasted it. After it finished toasting, I garnished it with butter and grape jam.

Once I finished eating, I returned back to my house and navigated to my bathroom. There, I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and fixed my hair. In my room, I grabbed nicer clothes than the ones I had on and got changed into them.

Once I did everything, it was about 10:30 a.m when u decided to head off to Darryl's. I brought an extra pair of clothes and pillows. I make my way over to Darryl's house and arrived at around 10:45. Once I got there, I knocked on their door and got an answer from Darryl's parents.

They let me in and I awkwardly sat on Darryl's couch later for him to come out of his room. His parents called for him, after that, I hear his bedroom door open. I turn my head and see Darryl in the doorway, stretching while yawning.

Soon after, he noticed me. He smiled and sat next to me on his couch. "Good morning, Vincent. You're already here!"

"Yup! So we can have more time to hangout," I laugh.

Darryl's parents return to the kitchen. Darryl shifts into a position where his knees are in front of his view. He wraps his hands around his legs and stares blankly at the floor, focusing on the patterns of the rug. I do the same, but I keep him rear view.

There was an uncomfortable silence between Darryl and I so I decide to break it. "So, what do you want to do first?" I ask.

He stops staring at the rug to look at me. He shrugs as a response, yawning after his shoulders relax again. "I'm not sure. It's up to you,"

I nod slightly, locking eye contact with him. "Do you maybe want to hang out in your room?"

He nods and we both get up from his couch and head for the door of his room. We get in and I plop down on his bed, he sits down on his desk chair.

There was still a silence, even in his room. This time, he breaks it. "My parents are cooking breakfast. It'll be done soon so we can do some short activity in the meantime,"

"Hm, so what is fun around your house,"

He raises up his shoulders to shrug. I felt tense around him, I wanted to be fun around him so he could like me more but it was hard.

"What do you usually do?" I ask.

He looks around. "I've taken up drawing lately,"

I smile, "You should show me some!"

He giggles nervously, "I was maybe thinking that we can draw together instead,"

"I mean, we can do that but I still want to see your drawings!" I encouraged.

He was still unsure. "I'll show you them later," he responds, taking out two pieces of paper, pencils, and erasers. He hands me one of each.

I get off of his bed and crouch down next to him on his table. I see him focus and start to doodle on his paper. I grin before staring back at my own paper. I start to sketch out a drawing design. The idea was just a picture of me with Darryl.