-0.7 daniel the dickface

Start from the beginning

"No," answered Demetri, "What has confidence ever gotten anyone except for a black eye and their backpack thrown in the trash."

"A girlfriend," muttered Noah, sighing dreamily at the thought of Alex— who was currently in the guidance counselors office. He'd just gotten the text from her saying she wouldn't be able to make it to the study group because Counselor Blatt wanted to talk to her about how her mom was doing. Or, in Alex's words, "this insane woman is trying to therapy me."

However, nobody heard nor payed attention to Noah's response. Eli, however gave Miguel a small smile, "Well, I thought it was kind of cool how you stood up to Kyler."

"Are you insane?" questioned Demetri, making Eli's small smile go away almost immediately. "Let me ask you, what is the best superpower anyone could have?"

"Super strength," Miguel answered immediately. Noah couldn't help but disagree— telekinesis was the ultimate superpower. Scarlett Witch has it and she's the strongest Avenger.

"Wrong," retorted Demetri, just as quick. "Invisibility. A distant second would be super speed to run away fast."

"Run away from who?" asked a voice from behind Eli. Noah spun around, groaning at who it was. Kyler. Kyler. The other boys groaned as well, Miguel sighing to himself because of what had happened last time.

"Whom," his bulky friend, who's name Noah didn't know, corrected. Kyler turned to look at him, a deadpan look on his face. "It's the object of a preposition. Remember English class?"

"We were just leaving," Miguel told them curtly, Noah then scurrying to grab his stuff to follow. Kyler then caught Eli by his shoulder spinning him around.

"Where you going?" he asked, holding Eli to where he could see his lip. "Oh look at this freak. What kind of girl would ever kiss this shit?"

"Oh shit," laughed his friend, Noah stepping back to the back of the group. He wanted to stand forward and take up for his friend, but he had saw how that had went with Miguel, and quite frankly, he didn't want to get the shit beat out of him.

"Leave him alone, Kyler," ordered Miguel, although his voice held no threat. Oh, god. Here we go, thought Noah, bracing himself for a fight to break out.

"What'd you say?" asked Kyler letting go of Eli and stepping towards Miguel. "You haven't had enough, 'Rhea?"

Kyler then shoved Miguel a bit, making him stumble back but do nothing to retaliate. Shoving him again, Noah had to catch his arm to help him from falling back into the trash can. Pulling him back towards to where he was, Noah let his arm go and remained silent. Kyler then grabbed Demetri's backpack, making the tall boy spin around and groan, "Hey, you don't want this shit."

"Hey, come on. Not the trash," pleaded Demetri, "I just threw a... yogurt in there."

It was too late, Kyler had already threw the backpack down into the bin and it landed with the sound of a splatter— probably the mentioned yogurt going all over his backpack. "Now it's double dip."

Demetri then slowly pulled the bookbag out of the trashcan, moaning at the sight of the mess. The group then flees from the scene, ready to get as far away from the bullies as possible. On the way out, however, they run into Alex, who was on her way inside.

"Oh, hey... what happened to you backpack?" she asked, scrunching up her nose at the sight while taking a step back. She looks over to Noah, who was staring back at her with adoring eyes. She grinned at him and he grinned back intertwining their hands.