The Anomaly

Liberation. Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi and Clone Commander Cody are liberating the town of Ryloth from Separatist leader Wat Tambor, while Jedi Anakin Skywalker fights the enemy reinforcements in the skies.
____________
"Take out those droids now!" The sounds of blaster fire intensify has me and the men push up on the final line of defense for the droids. "Move it troops!" I hit the side of a wall for cover as some droids pin me down. "I need support." I yell out to Waxer and Boil, "I'm pinned down!" I then see Waxer grab a droid popper and throw it at the group of droids. I hear the sound of the popper go off and the silence of blasters. The battle has been won.

"Are you alright Commander?" I hear from Boil coming from the rear.

"I'm fine. How about you two."

"We're fine. That was the last of the droids here. Another town successfully liberated Commander."

I look to see a few more clones coming up from behind with General Kenobi leading them. "Cody, have your men secured the town yet."

I give a firm salute to the General, "The last droids have been scrapped sir. We are waiting for next orders."

As I my stance relaxes the General pulls out the hollow map of the area, "There is a town about 2 miles East of our position, just like the others we are going to take the town back from the droid army. We will rest for a little while before we move on the town. Your men deserve the rest."

"Thank you sir." I say with a strong salute before turning to my men, "Alright you heard the General. Get some rest before you move onto the next town."

My men in unison shout, "Sir Yes Sir!"

As the clones disperse I follow the General and wait for new orders. The General is looking over the hollow map, "Just a few more towns, then we can focus on the capital. Your men up to it Cody?"

"My men are up for anything sir."

Landing here was a nightmare. We lost a few LAATs from AA, and that's not even mentioning the taking of the town with droids using hostages and wild animals against us. We now have only about 20 men left. Good news at the least is Waxer and Boil have shown great skill to thinking on their feet. If they lose their smart mouths, I just might turn them into Arc troopers.

The General's communicator started going off. He pulled it out and it was General Skywalker fighting in orbit, "Uh... Master, we have a problem." The General sounds worried, and he may be calling for help. I have a bad feeling about this. "We are getting very weird readings up here on just about everything, and it seems to be affecting the droids as well."

General Kenobi held his beard with a curious expression, "What exactly is the source of this?"

"Admiral Yularen is looking into that now."

Suddenly a hologram of the Admiral came on and looked panicked, "General. The source of this is some anomaly that we can't explain, but we are requesting a retreat from the planet."

"Wow there Admril." Skywalker said calmly, "Why should we do that? It's only affecting the droids."

"Because the sensors are saying that space itself is-" The communicator loses them and now all we have is static.

As this happens General Kenobi looks up to where I assume is where the fight for orbit is taking place. "By the force." He whispers.

Before I could say anything we see a small blue light in the sky. From that light a small unknown starship or at least half of it, comes crashing down in a ball of fire, miles away from our position is. "What was that?" I yell out.

Kenobi thinks for but a second, "We will worry about it later. Right now we need to focus on liberating this planet."

"And what of the General?"

"Miss me?" It was Skywalker still as collective as always.

"Anakin, are you alright."

"Yeah. We're fine. Everything is back to normal... for now at least."

Yularen came back as well, "Sir, if I may. It seems like the droids have seen that ship as well and they are moving for it now."

Kenobi restated to them, "That is a problem for later."

"Sir." I say to get his attention. "I can send a scout squad to check it out. We already have everything mapped out."

"Fine. Tell them to report anything useful."
_______________
Page was leading his squad on bikes through a bombing site the droids have been focused on for about an hour now. Then Page gets some coordinates and are told to just check it out.

"Come on. It's better then looking at craters forever."

The trooper Speedy raced forward, "Now we can finally get some action!" He yells out

"Calm down trooper." Page says, "We are just scouting it."

Breaker grumbled, "That's all we ever do. Why can't we blast something?"

"Who knows," The last trooper said, "Today might be your lucky day."

"Cut the chatter Chaser. We stay back and report. Understand?" Page said firmly.

In unison the three troopers yelled, "Sir Yes Sir!"
________________
After a few minutes they arrive to blaster fire at the ship but no sign of what their fighting.

"Anything useful?" Breaker said.

Page put down his binoculars and handed it to Chaser, "Not that I see."

Page's communicator went off. It was an Admiral, "Trooper. We have done a bio scan on the ship and I assume you have the subject with you."

We all looked at each other confused, "Sir. We don't have it. Why do you think we have it?"

"Because it is moving at about 40 miles an hour."

We looked at each other again and Breaker asked, "Running where exactly."

Chaser still had the binoculars and told us, "Here."

We looked to see this mech running past us while carrying a small dust storm with it.

"Is that what we're looking for?" Chaser asked sarcastically.