𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

Chapter is inspired by okayfardosa

I sigh as a put a polar bear plushie back on the shelf. Hanamaki's birthday was coming up and i didn't know what to get him.

I'm at the mall and i've been to about three stores looking at things he would like or slightly enjoy but it feels like nothing is good enough, i walked out the store and looked around to see if anything else was appealing.

I see a store that can hopefully help me, i walk into it and look around trying to find anything.

I walk around the shelves and the aisles. Nothing was appealing like i assumed, i walk out the store not paying attention and i bump into a stranger.

At least i thought it was.

"Kuroo!? What are you doing here??" I asked, shocked at finding my boss here.

He turns around and his eyes go wide, he wasn't expecting to see me either.

"Oh l/n hey, i'm out shopping how about you?" he says

"I'm here shopping for my friends birthday, it's on friday and it's being held at my house" i say with a sigh

"Why did you sigh? Isn't that a good thing?" he asks

"Well it would be if it wasn't being held at my house. I have to clean, put up the decorations and cook some food, it's a lot i have to do by myself." i say

"Ohhh now i see, why not ask anyone else? You could've asked me as well"

"You would help me??? Really!!?" i said excited at the fact i could really have someone to help.

"Umm yeah i don't have anything to do today or tomorrow" he says looking at his watch

"Today. I want to get this done as soon as possible."

"Okay but don't you need to finish shopping?" he said

I nodded my head. "I cant find anything for hanamaki is frustrating"

He puts his hand on his chin and thinks for a minute.

"Last time i saw him he was quite the jokester, is he still the same?"

"Yeah he cracks a joke anytime he can" i say sighing, hanamaki could do the most sometimes with his jokes

"Well then get him a gift that's funny, he would like it!" he says

"Okay but you need to help me out"

He puts his hand on my shoulder "That's what a good friend would do!" he says with confidence, i can't take him serious.

My face goes blank. "Okay but can we hurry my feet hurts"

He nods his head and we start walking to other stores.

***

We've been shopping for about an hour and i found the perfect gifts for hanamaki, it was a pack of wine condoms and the book of farts.

The fart book was probably something he would laugh at to be honest, either that or the wine condoms.

When we finished shopping we went to my house, now we are in my living room setting up the final decorations.

"Hand me some tape" kuroo said standing on his tippy toes, i nodded my head and picked up the tape from the table and handed to him then he thanked me.

When he finished he stood normal, "Anything else?" he said.

"Not really i need you to just watch me tape this last thing up then you can head home if you'd like." You say

He nodded his head. I had to grab a chair since the thing i needed to do required me to be pretty high up, i'm tall for a girl but not that tall.

I stood on the chair kind of scared of falling but kuroo held the chair securely.

I finished up the final thing and felt accomplished, i did what i had to do a few days early so now i can relax, i smiled and got off the chair.

As i was stepping off i didn't realize how quick i tried to get off, i accidentally tripped on my other foot causing me to fall out of the chair.

I was ready to fall and take the pain so i close my eyes, when i realized i didn't hit the ground i opened my eyes and saw i was on top of kuroo, our faces were centimeters away.

"u-uh...." kuroo said, he had a huge blush on his face.

"..." i just stayed silent not knowing what to do, if i moved weirdly this could end up even more awkward.

I didn't know where else to look so i just stared in kuroo eyes. As he stared back at me i had this feeling to just lean in and try to kiss him.

I wasn't trying to seduce him since he was my boss, it just felt right to do this.

Kuroo closed his eyes ready for the kiss, i closed mines as well and kept leaning in.

I didn't feel anything after just sitting there for 5 seconds, i opened my eyes and realized that kuroo had turned his head away from mines.

Ouch...

"I-i should get going L/n-san, thanks for letting me help. I'll see you at work." he said as he got off the floor and grabbed his stuff then headed out the door.

I sat where everything just went down and processed everything.

I realized he used honorifics in my name, does he not want me as a friend anymore? This is going to be very awkward when i go back to work....