Intro

Hey guys so this is my first story. I am an actress and singer so its always been easy for me to create stories, however i'm not a great writer. But i am in love with the selection series and have been since middle school. This story was something i was inspired to write after reading two other stories. I don't remember the authors but the names were "A life without Maxon" and "one night, Two beautiful mistakes" so check those out as well. In this King Clarkson and Queen Amberly died, America left as soon as possible thinking Maxon didn't want her and discovered she was pregnant but didn't tell Maxon. There will probably be some plot holes because i'm not a great writer but i will try to fill them in. This takes place 16 years after America gave birth and Maxon and Kriss were married. Please let me know what you think because i'm very interested to hear what you think. Sorry for such a long intro but i hope you like my story. Also i'm not changing anything about the characters themselves only how they live and for example how Eadlyn and Ahren grew up. I might make Kriss a little mean but only because i like that angle for her. Also make sure you follow me so you know when I update the story.

Ok so I know I pretty much explained the premise but the prologue is for anyone who hasn't read or doesn't remember the series that well. ex. my friend at school who is borrowing my book for the summer. I am also trying to read A Court of Thorns and Roses and The Red Queen but its really hard since I love the selection so much. But anyway, If you have read the selection series then the first part of the prologue doesn't matter but the second part, what happens after the attack does. Again for anyone who hasn't read the series I really recommend it. I know the writing and storyline seems a little frustrating especially America's inability to make a decision but its really cute and I fell in love with it so fast. So yeah check it out.

Prologue

Sixteen years ago thirty-five women were chosen to compete for the hand of 19 year old Prince, Maxon Schreave in The Selection. The prince had an instant attraction for Lady America Singer who was a five, however she had just ended a two year relationship with her ex-boyfriend Aspen Leger. A month later America started to fall for the prince when Aspen showed up as a guard at the palace. For the next few months America went back and forth between the two men. Eventually, she fell in love with Maxon and her feelings for Aspen fizzled out. Maxon caught America explaining them together and assumed they were flirting. He decided in anger to send America home. But at the choosing ceremony, rebels who hated the monarchy broke into the palace and began an attack. Unfortunately during this attack which was later known as the christmas day massacre, The King and Queen were killed and Maxon was shot in the chest after jumping in front of America. Afterwards America left and Maxon never knew the reason. He chose Kriss despite being heartbroken. America found out a little while later that she was pregnant with twins and wanted to go to Maxon but he was already married. She raised them in secret until one day she got a letter from Queen Kriss about a selection reunion ball. Our story takes place that night.