Decorating

I teetered up the stairs, trying to balance multiple boxes in my hands as I entered the elevator of the UA dorms.

Shota and I had a place in the teacher's dorms, a feeling of relief befalling me as I realised that we wouldn't be in the same building as the students, although a new feeling rose in me, anxiety. I would be living in the same building as multiple pro-heroes, my favourite hero All Might among them.

It felt slightly embarrassing that I was still fangirling so hard at the age of 25, what if he came looking for Shota and I opened the door wearing my All Might apron or something?

I shuddered at the thought but turned back to the task at hand.

Decorating a small apartment was rather stressful when the only thing Shota wanted to do was paint the walls grey.

"No Scarfy, I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I just don't think it should be that bland."

"Fine, we can put up a plant." He shrugged.

"What? No! We're not putting a singular plant in the room. I knew you were bland when it came to decorating, but not this bland."

"I'm sorry we have artistic differences."

"There is nothing artistic about a singular plant."

"What do you propose then?"

"So many things."

Shota groaned, "What things?"

"Colour?" I shrugged, "Art? Shelving? Now shelving is extremely important if you want the room to look more homely."

"Who said I wanted it to look homely?"

"Me. Or are you forgetting you asked me to live with you?"

"If I'd known it would've been this stressful, I don't think I would've asked."

I pouted, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Joking, joking." He held his hands up, "Let's put up some shelving."

"Really?" I was getting a bit too excited at the premise of putting up shelves.

"Yes, really sunflower." He chuckled at my expression.

———————————————————————————

"HEYYYYYYY!" I fell back from my rather precariously balanced position on a stool, only to be caught by Shota who glared at the man entering the room, all of us wincing as the potted plant I had been holding moments before smashed against the floor.

"Hizashi!" I pointed to the mess on the floor in disbelief, "You killed Phil!"

He gave me an apologetic smile and shrugged which made me shake my head.

"I can't believe you've done this."

"Hey, don't worry, I'll get you another one."

"It won't be the same." I whined, walking into the kitchen and grabbing a dustpan and brush, "You didn't deserve a fate this cruel Phil."

A hand rested on my shoulder as I cleared up what remained of my plant, "Chill the fuck out y/n it's just a plant."

"Woah, Yuri, what the hell? You can't just say that to a grieving plant mama."

My blue-haired friend looked at me with a stern expression.

"I just did and I'll do it again, just let Hiz buy you another one."

"But-" The withering look she gave me made my throat seize up and I just nodded slowly.

"And we still have to survive 3 more months of this," I muttered under my breath, praying that she didn't hear me.

Luckily, I don't think she did as I managed to make my way into the kitchen area without getting hit around the head with a random object.

"Why are you here?" Shota grumbled, moving behind me and putting his hands around my waist, almost as if I was a barrier protecting him from human interaction.

Hizashi had been granted permission to stay at his apartment with Yuri since she was expecting a child, which just meant that I had a begging cockatoo asking to be let into the small apartment Shota had been allocated to 'scope out the new crib'.

"I invited them, but now I'm starting to regret it." I gave a poignant look to Hizashi, who shrunk back slightly.

Shota sighed, "Why~"

"I thought they could help. I stand corrected."

"You heard the woman, you can leave now."

I went to nudge him in the ribs but missed and he moved out of the way.

"No, they're here now and we need help making the coffee table."

"Are you sure we need a coffee table?"

"I mean, no. I just thought it would look nice." I shrugged, walking over to the pile of wood and sitting down in front of it, "It'll look better than a bunch of parts just strewn around the floor, come on Scarfy?"

Without saying anything, he just sat down next to me, his back against the sofa and his arm resting on his knee.

I took it as an agreement to help.

"We need back up because last time I tried to make furniture I nearly impaled myself with a wooden leg." I motioned for Hizashi to join us, not really knowing the extent of his building skills, but I was taking any help I could get.

"Let's get down to business." I grabbed my phone and proceeded to blast 'I'll make a man out of you' full volume out of my phone speaker.

Shota mumbled something that sounded like 'god help me', making me demonically twist my head to glare at Shota, "You got a problem, Bucko? God can't help you when the inner DIY mum comes out."

A/n little bit of fluff before shit starts to really go down

A/n little bit of fluff before shit starts to really go down... haha jk...

...unless?

But also, 10k reads?!?!? Holy guacamole lads, I'm genuinely shocked, so thank you :)

Xoxo Gee oxoX