Two

"Yes it's me. Have you ever heard of knocking?" She asked pulling a sheet from the bed and covering herself with it.

"This is my house. I don't need permission to enter"

Celeste didn't miss the way his eyes had turned a deep shade of amber "Can't argue with that" she told him holding the sheet close to her chest. Amber eyes followed her movements making her inwardly sigh. He was a man after all, she couldn't expect him not to be interested. The look Caspian was giving her couldn't be described as anything other than lust. He had a mate, Isolde, who was beautiful, kind and generous but his eyes still wandered. She didn't know what to think of him "So, the clothes? Can I borrow something from Isolde? Or another woman?"

"Evan"

"Sir yes sir" the other man he'd come with replied, sarcasm lacing his voice. He left and Celeste expected Caspian to follow him but he didn't. He stood at the door, as if rooted in place.

"I know werewolves aren't shy when it comes to being naked but I'm not one of you so I'd appreciate it if you left or wait outside until I'm dressed"

"My house my rules" he snarled even though it wasn't necessary "What are you?"

"You know what I am. A witch"

"You're more than a witch. You smell of something else but I don't know what it is"

"I've heard that a lot" her mother had always told her she was special but she hadn't explained why therefore she was as confused as he was. Her life would have been so much easier if she knew just how special she was. She'd tried to find out what she was but had come up empty. The world they were living in only had information about werewolves, witches, vampires and humans. There was nothing about what she might be. The plan was to explore other worlds and try to collect information but that bitch Dalila had derailed her.

"Cut the crap Celeste. I don't take well to liars"

"I'm not lying. Honestly I don't know what I am"

He took a step forward, his nostrils flaring in anger. Celeste guessed he was trying to intimidate her by invading her space. She didn't mind him being so close. There was nothing he could do to her because she was quick. Years of being alone had taught her a few tricks she could use to incapacitate him in the blink of an eye. But he didn't know that so she let him think she was scared "Then do you want to explain why you were a child yesterday and a... a woman today?"

"It was because of a spell. People see a child and they want to protect her. They see a grown woman and immediately think of ways to use her. Get what I mean?"

"You used a spell to get my sympathy?"

"You have to agree that if I'd shown up looking like this then all the other Alphas would have killed me. No questions asked" she didn't know about him but werewolves were known to be rash and unreasonable, especially towards witches.

"Okay. Get dressed then get out of my territory before I rip you to shreds"

Damn that spell. Why had it worn off so fast? If she was still a child, Caspian wouldn't be so quick to throw her out. Aside from not having a place to stay, that bitch Dalila together with her henchman Marmon were still looking for her. She could take them out but her mother had warned her against using her powers on others who were weaker than her. If she couldn't convince Caspian to let her stay, then she would eventually end up in the hands of those two again. All they did was drain her blood and used it for God knew what. She didn't want to go back. For their own good, of course, because this time she wouldn't sit put.

"I have nowhere to go"

"How about you go back to where you came from?"

"I wasn't lying when I said a woman had kidnapped me. Just like you, she was curious to know what I was so she spent years taking my blood and using it to create spells. I can't let her lock me up again, she's so evil"