Chapter twenty-six

Dame picked up his cloak

Dame picked up his cloak. Put away his maps. I looked down at the ground the entire time, thinking about this whole mess. He moved past me without a word, picking up his things. I felt small tears falling from my eyes. One after another, I just let them fall..

"If you need anything, tell the guards" he turned to look at me. It was brief glance, one that didn't last as long as I wanted it to. He walked out of the tent, leaving me to my thoughts.

I moved toward the bed, falling in defeat. I quietly cried into the pillow. As it soaked my tears, I caught a faint familiar smell. Dame's scent was all over the bed, which I cursed afterward. I let myself fade to sleep, closing off all the surrounding sounds of men getting onto horses to head for battle.

I woke up groggy, I still had little tears in my waterline. I turned on the lantern because night had already come. I sat up to see a woman seated by the table.

I jumped grabbing onto the pillow.

"Who are you?!" I whispered to her. She turned to face me now. She wore the same black leather armor as Keiran. A woman solider?

"I am Noralux Weslycott, or just Nora. I'm one of Dame's captains. He's ordered me to watch you" she barked out to me.

There was a slight raise in my eyebrow, Nora was small, about my height. She had muscles but they weren't bulky. I guess she would be the perfect weapon, no one would suspect her. I eyed her down, the threat in front of me.

She did the same, taking me in, in my awful state.

"why did he send you?" I almost whispered

The girl looked back at me, her grey green eyes catching my glance.

"because he trusts me enough around you" she answered on command

I turned my back again, sitting back down on the bed. There was no escaping her.

"so what now, I stay here, for how long?" I asked her in a quite harsh tone.

"I'm not sure, until General Dame gives us orders to move you or he comes to fetch you himself" she said almost smiling with spite.

I rolled my eyes mentally. He could even kill me out of spite was probably what she was thinking.

"Though I must say, I've never seen a girl get so under his skin" Nora slithered the remark in before sitting back down in that wooden chair.

I wanted to snap back at her but I couldn't. She was a fae solider, capable of killing me in mere seconds. My death wish would have to wait.

We both sat in silence for the majority of time. Noralux was sharpening her daggers while I read a book on the bed. I barely turned to look at her and vise versa. Practically ignored each other's existence. There were a couple yells coming from outside the tent. I shot my head up and turned to Nora.