How Jassi became Jinks bhaiya's leech

Jinks actually owed that to Jassi's compassionate heart. Though with the amount of clinging currently going on, you'd wonder if Jinks counted it as a blessing at all.

Two weeks before the series Down Under began, Jassi's team defeated Jinks bhaiya's in the final of IPL 13. His team also defeated Ash bhaiya's and Shikh bhaiya's. Not to mention even Hardik and Rohit bhaiya's team defeated Jinks, Ash and Shikh bhaiyas'.

But Jassi was the one with a tender heart.

And Jassi also remembered, conveniently, that Ash bhaiya had already won an IPL, and a Champions trophy and a World Cup. Shikki bhaiya had won an IPL and a Champions Trophy.

Jinks bhaiya, Jassi realized with dawning horror, had never lifted a cup in his life.

In the after match party, Jassi first caught sight of Jinks bhaiya fending of an unruly Hardik, who was trying to make him waltz with him.

And the song wasn't even appropriate for waltzing, not to mention that grown-up fathers weren't supposed to waltz with each other. But try explaining that to Hardik.

"Oh, for god's sake, Hardik," Jinks bhaiya was pleading when Jassi skipped over to rescue him. "Hello Jassi," he said warmly, when he noticed him.

Jassi took a good look at Jinks bhaiya's face—his eyes were sad, Jassi noted, stiken—and in fact stared at him so long that Jinks asked, "Um, what's wrong, Jass?"

"He's not getting up to dance with me, Jassi," whined Hardik.

"You leave him alone," said Jassi threateningly. "Come with me, Jinks bhaiya."

Jassi grabbed an unresisting Jinks bhaiya's elbow and pulled him through the crowd, with Hardik yelling behind him, "YOU SAID YOU WERE FEELING TOO LAZY TO STAND UP, JINKS—FAVOURITISM, I'M PLAGUED BY FAVOURATISM!!!"

Both Jinks and Jassi—and pretty much the entire hall—winced at the last word which had risen to a terrifying roar.

Safely out of earshot, Jassi turned around once again to study Jinks bhaiya's face to gauge exactly how upset he was.

Jinks must have noticed something in Jassi's expression, because he asked, his eyes flashing with concern, "Did something upset you, Jassi?"

That was the moment Jassi melted all over, from the tip of his head down to his toes.

His team had defeated Jinks' bhaiya's team in the final—Jassi had already lifted 4 trophies, Jinks bhaiya none—and Jinks bhaiya was asking him if something had upset him.

People like Jinks bhaiya really weren't born every day, you know?

In fact you'd be lucky if you had one person like him in your life.

Jassi choked back something inside him and twisted his fingers together. Jinks eyed it and grew even more concerned.

"What is it?" he asked gently. Understandingly. Kind-heartedly, just like he was.

"I didn't want you to lose, bhaiya," whispered Jassi.

"Lose what?" asked Jinks, alarmed.

"The—" faltered Jassi. "—the final, of course."

Jinks' expression cleared.

"Oh, Jassi," he said, smiling. "You're so much like Bhuvi."

Jassi's brow creased.

"Virat told me of a very similar reaction of Bhuvi's after the 2016 final," said Jinks bhaiya, still smiling. "C'mon, Jass, no one's upset, not me nor Shikki or Ash. These stuff are part of life by now."