After saying goodbye to their dad, the sisters were off. They arrived at school and parted ways. Bella went towards the bus, trying to find Edward, while her sister was walking quickly to get to the school. She hoped she could say hi to her imprint before starting classes. 

But before she could enter, Jasper, Alice and Edward stood in her way. 

"Hi Madelyn! How are you feeling?" Alice hugged her tightly. 

"Hey guys, I'm good thanks," The Swan girl was glad they were still friends. She didn't really had time to talk to Alice and Jasper or see them since she shifted. Jasper, feeling her gratitude, smiled and nodded his head at her in acknowledgement.

They parted ways soon after. Bella was glaring at the back of her sister's head when she saw the three Cullens talking to her. She had planned to talk to the bronze haired boy at the greenhouse, without her sister ruining everything. 

Jasper didn't like the feelings Bella had towards her sister and decided to break the stare between her and his brother. Both of their feelings were toxics, only obsession was coming out from them. He knew his brother was alone for a long time and that he needed a new form of affection, but this girl seemed to be a danger magnet. The Major wanted to protect Alice and his family, and that girl will only be a problem. 

Edward, who heard that, glared at the blonde man, but he only raised an eyebrow at him. The mind reader knew that she was his blood singer, but maybe she could be his mate. He didn't want to miss that chance of being loved. 

Nathaniel and Madelyn were in his classroom at lunch time. The teacher was nervous and he was sure his mate could feel it. He wanted to tell her about his past, but he was scared she would be scared of him. He had made some mistakes and he regretted it dearly. He had killed many people and while he knew he was an uncontrollable newborn, he wished he had more control over himself.

The pair was sitting beside each other and Madelyn felt he wanted to talk about something. She took his hand in hers and rubbed it soothingly. Nathaniel sighed and looked at her, grateful he had such a great woman in his life. He didn't know what he did to deserve her but he will forever be glad she was by his side. 

"I want to talk to you about my human and newborn life," He pressed a finger to her lips to keep her from protesting, knowing she would have said his past didn't matter. "I know, well I hope, you will look at me the same way you do now," Nathaniel frowned slightly and ran his thumb on her cheek, kissing it lovingly before getting up and walking toward his desk.

"I don't remember when I was born exactly, but I know it was around 1480, or 1490, in France. I come from a rich family who had a clothing company. My parents were strict people and had a closed mind. I had an older sister, who had a rich husband and a perfect kid. When I was 18 years old, my father wanted me to get married and take the company. I refused. I wanted to go explore the New World, but he forbade me. I ran away when I heard the woman I was suppose to marry was coming to our house to live with us. The pression everyone was putting on me was too much.

I forgot what happened after that. I stay with some people near the docks for some years and helped them. I was about to go to the New World, the king had organized an expedition and I wanted to get in the ship without people knowing. I remember that moment very clearly. It was the night, I was walking on the dock to get to the ship. I didn't see who bit me, but I had never felt that much pain in my life.

The burning sensation was travelling too fast and was too painful to even think about trying to stop it. Three days later, I woke up in the forest with fire in my throat. I was craving for blood and I had a urge to kill," His golden eyes were filled with venom now. Madelyn felt actual pain that her imprint had to suffer like that.