"Come on, Potter," I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him through the portrait hole.

Harry groaned. "You know, we could always stay here..."

"Finish that sentence, I dare you," I said, fiddling with his fingers.

"Okay, okay." Harry laughed. "I'm sorry, love."

My stomach flipped at his last word, my heartbeat increasing rapidly as I met his gaze.

"You know what your doing, don't you, Potter?" I said, shaking my head.

Harry winked. "Yep." And he draped his arm around my shoulders and guided me all the way to Defence Against the Dark Arts.

Professor Lupin wasn't there when we arrived. Harry dragged me to the back of the classroom and we sat down next to each other.

The whole class had arrived by the time he finally entered the room. Lupin smiled vaguely and placed his tatty old briefcase on the teacher's desk. He was as shabby as ever but looked healthier than he had on the train, as though he had had a few square meals.

"Good afternoon," he said. "Would you please put all your books in your bags. Today's will be a practical lesson. You will only need your wands."

A few curious looks were exchanged as the class put away our books. We had never had a practical Defence Against the Dark Arts before, unless you counted the memorable class last year when Lockhart had brought a cageful of pixies to class and let them loose.

"Right then," said Professor Lupin, when everyone was ready, "if you'd follow me."

Puzzled but interested, the class got to its feet and followed Professor Lupin out of the classroom.

"Wonder where he's taking us," Dean said, walking along next to me.

"Dunno." I shrugged. "It's better than sitting in a classroom though."

"Soooo..." he said, lowering his voice. "You and Harry, huh?"

I smiled, turning my head to look at Harry, who was happily chatting away with Ron and Seamus.

"Yeah," I answered, looking back at Dean.

He sighed. "It was about time," he said, nudging me with his elbow. "It took years."

"Yeah, well, Harry's a pussy-"

"Who's a pussy?" Harry asked, appearing next to me.

"You," I answered, wrapping both my arms around his waist to hug him.

"I'm not a pussy!" Harry looked at Dean for support, but he was too busy laughing. "Mate, tell Mills how brave I am-"

I kissed Harry's cheek and his eyes immediately flicked down to me.

"This is where I leave," I heard Dean say.

"You missed," Harry said, winking, before pecking my lips. I pulled away from him, pretending to gag.

"I definitely did not miss," I grumbled sarcastically, as Harry put his hand over his heart.

"Mills, that hurt."

"It was supposed to."

He smirked, shaking his head, before grabbing my shirt and pulling me into him. He leant his face forward so that his lips were brushing mine, looking me up and down slowly, making my cheeks turn bright red.

"Ha! I win!" Harry cheered, releasing me and chuckling. "You're all flustered-"

"Oh, that's how you want to do this?" I teased, raising my eyebrows. "It's on, Potter-"