2nd ARC | 36 PT 1 | Missing You

Start from the beginning

Hali groans, fighting to keep his eyelids open, suddenly afraid of a voice, oh so dolorous - he might awaken in Hell.

"I lo-"

・・・・・

Quake squints his eyes, a curious brow quirked towards the dining table, empty though he recalled leaving a fresh plate of dinner on it last night before they left for patrol.

He ate it? It was his biggest guess, hopeful it were the case, seeing as the dishwasher had a single plate resting upon it with a pair of utensils at the side.

Just so.

5:32 am... The sun has yet to rise but Gempa couldn't sit still in his room.

He woke up approximately... Fifteen to twenty minutes ago, still lazy to leave bed as he was exhausted from the scout the previous night... But he got up anyway... Wanted to know if his dear brother ate at all or not.

He takes silent steps back up the staircase, a hand on the knob of his door as he stared at the younger's next to his bedroom.

Wordlessly he knocked on it, assuming their lightning elemental was already awake. "Thunder? It's Gempa... Did you eat well last night?"

There was a high possibility the latter wouldn't answer his call, but he wanted to try anyway.

And he hears nothing... Disappointed but not surprised; that was his situation.

But this was different.

"Hali..?" he called, feeling somewhat insecure of the dead silence he was receiving.

Is he..?

It felt eerily wrong; this type of silence.

He would've at least heard an annoyed groan, or a sigh, or something moving... And by all means, he could simply say Hali was still asleep but...

Quake doesn't hesitate, twisting the knob open to reveal an empty room. "Wha-!?"

It wasn't much of a mess as he's expected from yesterday's chaos, but the bed was still in shambles, the blanket hasn't even been properly folded, along with an empty bottle laying on the -

His heartbeat picked up a pace... "Is that...?" That bottle wasn't supposed to be here - and empty, as far as he's concerned.

Quake approaches the bedside, picking the damned thing from the floorboards as a sigh escapes his lips. He had hoped it wasn't what he thought it was... But it was, unquestionably, a bottle of booze.

He frowns, a memory aged of two years creeping onto the back of his mind; he wasn't the only twinling who knew of the second eldest's secret stash of Tecate Titanium hidden under his bed, but it still disheartens to find out of the male's drunken night.

Standing, Quake left the bottle off to the side, behind Thunder's door where no one would notice it, mentally reminding himself to return and throw it out later.

And as he takes yet another turn, an even more startling settlement reveals itself.

The lad's signature cap, jacket, and trousers were abandoned on his desk, to which Gempa sees Thunder's backpack as well, has gone missing.