Chapter Seven - "How To Deal With It"

Chiyu’s POV

“I choose no one,” (Y/N) said.
His words resonated with me, and echoed loudly in my head.

No one? How could he choose no one?

“Stop lying,” Mitake-san shouted to him. “I’m not taking this crap. Why would you choose none of us?”

“Because,” (Y/N) snapped back. “Look at the three of you guys.”

“Chiyu,” he pointed at me. “You’ve been like an antagonist, trying to pull us all apart.”

Then he pointed at Mitake-san. “Ran-chan, you’re an amazing girl, but you and Yukina-chan, as well as Chiyu, you have to work stuff out.”

“It isn’t fair,” I blurted out. “I saw you and Minato Yukina about to… urgh. You’re not giving us equal attention.”

“The reason why he was going to stay with me, was because he knows I’m the best,” Yukina-chan told her.

“You’re lying too,” Ran-chan responded. “He was going to choose me before you all stepped in.”

Imai-san shook her head in disagreement. “I think (Y/N) is right, actually. You all have issues to sort out. Chiyu, you can step out now. It’s time for bed.”

I tried holding back tears.
All I can do is cry because there isn’t a snowman’s chance in Hell that I’m working together with Minato Yukina and Mitake-san.

“CHU²,” Aoba-san said to me. “This isn’t what a real champ does.”

Forget everybody! All I care about is (Y/N) being mine!” I yelled to everyone before storming out.

(Y/N)’s POV

“I’ll go comfort her,” I said, beginning to leave the house.
However, Yukina-chan put her hand on my shoulder and stopped me.

“It’ll be a waste of time,” she told me. “Don’t waste your breath.”

“What? I’ll just try to reason with her, that’s all. Do you think she’ll understand on her own if she continues acting like this?” I said to her.

“But she tried to pull us apart!” Yukina-chan told me.

“And she’ll do it again if I don’t talk to her,” I snapped back. 

She seemed shocked because I never usually snap at her, but what I need to do is to change Chiyu right now.

I quickly left Yukina-chan’s house and ran toward the direction that Chiyu went.
I looked for her left and right, but there was no luck.

Damn it, where could she have gone to? Maybe she went back to her apartment?
I have no idea where she lives. I think it’s pretty far, so she wouldn’t run there.

Someone could have driven her there. I wonder, does she know anyone with any mode of transportation…?

“I’m right here,” someone said near me. I looked to see Chiyu, leaning on a streetlight.
She had obviously been crying a lot.

“Chiyu,” I called out to her. “Why did you run away just now?”

“I… can’t stand how you treat me anymore,” she said. “Why can’t we just be together and forget all these issues? It’s not like you can choose all three of us.
Those kinds of relationships are just… headaches wrapped in headaches.”

I sighed. “You’ll have to accept that Yukina-chan and Ran-chan are part of my life now. If I left either of them, they’d be heartbroken, and I can’t bear to even think of that.”

I’ll never accept them as part of your life!” Chiyu shouted at me. “Call me stubborn, but they aren’t worthy of your love.”

“So you’ll just keep trying to outdo them?” I asked. “That won’t ever happen. Please, just come back to Yukina-chan’s house, and we can all settle this.”

Chiyu shook her head. “I refuse! I’m going home! Don’t ever talk to me again, (Y/N), I… I hate you!

My heart sank.
She d-didn’t just tell me that.

Chiyu kept walking on, into the distance, until I could not see her.

Chiyu’s POV

I don’t know what to do now… there’s nobody I can ask.
Nobody I can turn to. I’ll get home using the city bus, so I don’t bother anyone.

After waiting, the city bus arrived, and it was pretty empty, except for someone in the back reading a newspaper.

I sat in front of their seat, and the ride was rather awkward for a bit as I just heard the page turning from their newspaper every so often.

“Long day, huh?” they told me suddenly. The person had a rather familiar voice.

“Yeah. I just got sandwiched in a great big mess. I can’t fix it. I just want to hole myself up in my apartment and never look out again.”

The person laughed. “You dumb or somethin’? That won’t fix anything. You gotta grab the problem by the hair.”

“I-I’m not dumb. My friends aren’t good at these kinds of things.
Lock and Pareo are too innocent to understand, Layer is off on a trip to Hokkaido, so… maybe I could ask Masking…”

“Masking? That tough, delinquent-looking girl who rides a motorcycle?” the person asked me.

“That’s her,” I told the person. “Friend of yours?”

“You could say that, yes,” they said. “What would Masuki say at a time like this?”

I shook my head. “Not s-sure… I miss Masking. Thought she’d be back with our band by now, helping the rest of us…”

The person put down their newspaper, and suddenly I realized it was Masking herself. What a pleasant surprise!

“I-I knew it… but I didn’t want to assume it was really you, Masking,” I told her. “Any reason why you’re riding public transportation?”

“My motorcycle’s at the repair shop. I got a little too carefree the other day and I took a hard fall onto the concrete. That’s why I wasn’t at practice. Didn’t I tell you?”

“Oh, that’s true. Pareo was supposed to remind me about that. I’m glad you’re alright, Masking.”

“Thank you,” she told me. “I think I know how to fix your little issue, CHU².”

She whispered something into my ear, and I blushed at hearing it.
“Masking, th-that’s…”

“Do you wanna fix your issue, or not?” Masking said, threateningly.

“Eeek! Y-yes, Masking…” I told her. “So, where are you headed?”

“I was just drifting off, see where this bus ends,” she said. “Bus driver, where’s the last stop?”

“Toconut Park,” the bus driver said. “I go as far as Smile Land.”

“Okay, no thanks to either of those,” I said. “I’m getting off right here. Where are we at now?”

Masking looked out the window. “Seems like we’re near your place, CHU².”

I nodded. “Perfect. I’ll see you tomorrow, Masking.” I left the bus and thanked the bus driver before heading back to my apartment tower.

What Masking told me… it’s such a simple idea, but it can truly help us get on the right track.
But ultimately, it’s up to (Y/N). I’m willing to do this and go all the way. Let’s see if he understands…

To Be Continued...

(A/N): Hoped you enjoy this chapter! Thanks for the support, everyone.