"woah, really? cant believe i haven't heard of you. what's your @?" he asked, pulling out his phone.

"oh well, i don't stream, but it's @ jschlatt." schlatt said, calmly.

he then got a few notifications.
wilbur soot followed you on instagram
wilbur soot followed you on twitter

he checked out his social media.
"jesus, you've got a lot of followers."

wilbur laughed. "you've got a lot as well."

"i'm trying to be humble." schlatt smiled.

"failing, then" and the two bantered.

the waitress brought them their food. schlatt had always been a little cautious of eating around other people, but for some reason, wilbur made him feel okay. safe, even.

"how about you?" wilbur eventually asked, breaking the comfortable silence. "tell me about yourself."

schlatt looked up, adjusting his gaze to focus on the mans light brown eyes.

"well, i'm from new york. i used to stream and...well, i used to be apart of a group called the lunch club."
schlatt sighed, and continued."i'm not really that interesting." he smiled helplessly.

wilbur frowned. "of course you are. tell me about this lunch club group?"

"ah, well. we had gone on some fun adventures. we went to LA, a zoo, and even streamed a bit. i thought it was pretty fun until a member split us all up."

wilbur cocked his head. "a member? split up?"

schlatt nodded. "yeah. he did some really horrible shit. then pretended he stopped."

"ah, i'm sorry. that group sounded fun."

"it was, for awhile. i know a lot of fans are mad about it."

"fans? oh, was this a youtube channel?"

"yeah" schlatt laughed. "you didn't catch on?" he began to tease wilbur some more.

"mean!" wilbur was laughing again.

the two ate and talked. they were talking almost like they were long lost soulmates. one would complete the others sentence. they would understand every confused word that came out of their mouths at times.

eventually, they finished, and the waiter brought them their bill.

"uh oh." schlatt sighed. "here is the classic cliche of- no, i will pay! and the no, i will!"

wilbur rolled his eyes. "well, schlatt, i literally have to pay. i came over at sat down in the first place."

schlatt shook his head. "no. i decided to order."

"decided? that was mutual!"

"still, i initiated it!"

wilbur facepalmed but it only took schlatt that quick second to slam his credit card on the table.

"beat you!" he laughed.

wilbur groaned. "at least give me the dignity of being kind."

the waitress came over and took the card. her smile was wide enough to cover her whole face. schlatt eyed her for a moment.

"i'm the true gentleman here." schlatt winked to wilbur.

"are you? a moment ago you were teasing me." wilbur raised a joking eyebrow.

"maybe my gentleman side lives a double life."
he flashed a toothy smile to wilbur.

the waitress had given back schlatt his credit card and when she left, the two stood, ready to leave. schlatt found that wilbur was actually quite tall. only a little taller than him, but still. tall.
the two walked to the doors, but slowly, wanting to save the moment.
"do you live here, wilbur?" schlatt asked as the two walked out of the doors, the cold air immediately surrounding them.

"ah," wilbur sighed. "i live in the united kingdom."

schlatt looked down, a little sad that this mystery man was so far away. but he could've guessed. the fresh accent should've given it away, considering it wasn't washed down at all.

they turned to one another as a car approached. it was most likely one of wilburs friends.
schlatt whispered, lightly,
"i don't want you to go."

wilbur nodded and held his hand. "i don't either, schlatt."

there was a moment of silence before schlatt spoke again. "you should break up with your girlfriend."

"and date you?" wilbur cocked his head. schlatt laughed- he didn't exactly deny it.

"see you soon, schlatt." wilbur added, and handed him a small piece of paper.
he climbed into the car, waved for a second, before it sped off and began blasting music.

schlatt stood, alone, and opened the crumpled piece of paper.

text me, call me, you retired old man <3
xxx-xxx-xxxx
-wilbur

schlatt smiled to himself and began to walk to his car, taking out his phone.