Chapter 11: The Day Comes to an End (Y/N's POV)

I walked into our dormitory, grinning from ear to ear. Bean looked up and grinned when they saw me. 

"It has been such an amazing day!" they said, their eyes glowing with excitement and joy. 

"Thank you so much! Tom - he said I could call him that - anyhow, Tom told me everything, and I am so appreciative. Thank you, thank you, thank you! This has honestly been the best day of my life, and I can't wait to write to mum and dad about it." 

  I laughed a bit, "That's wonderful! And, you're very welcome -  I was hoping it turned out alright. I see that it did." 

Bean nodded and laughed, "I don't think that I'll be needing any supper tonight."  \

"I suppose you won't. Er, how was the cake by the way?" She looked at me with a recollective grin and licked her lips. 

"Oh, it was delicious, thank you!"

 "I'm glad you enjoyed it! The house-elves allowed me to make it last night, and they were very helpful as well - they gave me the recipe and told me the best way to make it perfect." 

Bean looked surprised, "They let you help? In their kitchen? Wow, that's really impressive." 

I nodded, "Mhmm, I'm really glad they did, too."

I took a chocolate frog from a drawer underneath my bed and propped myself up on my elbows, lying on my stomach. 

"So," I said, unwrapping the frog and taking a bite out its head, "How did the day go for you? What happened - tell me everything!" 

Yeah, yeah, I know - I'm acting a lot like a Hufflepuff at a sleepover, but I can't help it when my best friend likes someone. Besides, I'm only like this in my dormitory - not out in public - I do have more dignity than thatyou know. The most I'll possibly do in public is quietly tease her or steal looks and smirks between the two of them where she can see them and blush. Anyway.

Bean blushed, "Well," she started, smiling a bit. "It started right after you and Draco left...." 

They went on to tell me about their little - date - with Tom; their walk, his question, their yummy little picnic under the tree, all of it. As they told their story, their smile got wider and their face pinker. They'd apparently had a truly wonderful time. 

Well thank Merlin for that - it turned out just as I had hoped!  

"I'm happy for you love! Glad your day went well." I smiled, finishing off my chocolate frog. Bean looked at my chocolate frog card to see whom I had received. 

"I am extremely happy too - and yes, the day went better than expected, thank you! Ooh, you got Merlin. Nice." 

After a little while of simply being in the common room - the occasional cheer of triumph when a game of chess was won - it was time for dinner. Bean and I put the chess set away and went to the Great Hall - though we both knew that neither of us was going to eat much, considering our late tea and the snacking in between. It's a good thing I do some athletics or I'd become a chocolate frog myself. We sat down at the Slytherin table anyway, if only to be there with the people we liked associating ourselves with. 

Draco leaned over to me and whispered, "So, how did it go?" 

I smiled, "Sarah certainly seemed to have enjoyed it." 

Draco nodded, "It seems as though Tom felt the same. His exact words were; 'It was actually - very nice.' if I remember correctly." 

I grinned and sighed contentedly. The day had gone better than I had expected, and it was extremely satisfying.