Chapter 2: Tom's Side of the Story

"Look mate, I'm sorry! I-I- I didn't mean to ruin your essay - it was an accident!" I pointed my wand at the little twerp who spilled ink on my parchment, ruining it beyond repair. "I simply don't care whether or not it was an 'accident'. And I'm no mate of yours." He cowered, watching the wand pointed at his face.

Typical.

"You ruined my parchment, and now you're going to pay." I aimed my wand, preparing to jinx him when - "RIDDLE!"  I turned my head to see who had called. Blasted mother of Godric,  I thought, McGonagall. I lowered my wand and turned all the way to face her. "Hello, Professor." She glared down at me and said, "Riddle, what in Merlin's name were you doing to that poor boy?"  "Technically, nothing professor. I didn't do anything to him." yet. "Well I don't want to see you 'not doing anything'  to him ever again - do you hear me? You are a sixth year and should be acting as such. If I see anything like this again, I'll be having a word with your head of house." Snape. Suuure, professor. Go on ahead. Through gritted teeth, I replied,  "Of course professor. You won't be seeing me do that anymore." That doesn't mean I won't be doing it again. I just won't get caught next time. She didn't look sold, but she dropped it anyway. "You'd better be getting on to class now - all of you." The kids in the corridor, who had stopped to watch, walked away with some disappointment from the interruption. With that finished, I walked away glaring at the little brat - who by now had huddled with his friends - towards my next class, double Potions. 

     I was mad that my essay had been ruined, and was thinking about ways to get revenge without being caught. Because of that, I wasn't paying attention to where  I was going and bumped into two students who were talking and walking down the stairs, knocking into one of them and spilling their things everywhere. When I looked up, I noticed they were two students I'd seen hanging around in our Slytherin common room - one is my age, a sixth-year girl, and the other one - who's things I'd knocked out of their hands - was a fourth year. They had always stricken me as kind of cute.  "Hey, watch where you're going!" they said, pulling out their wand and turning to face me. Perfect time to introduce myself I suppose. When they had fully turned, they kind of froze in place, and as their friend looked up I laughed a little and said, "Hello darlin'. Pardon the mess. Name's Riddle, by the way. Tom Riddle."