Perhaps she should have waited under a store roof and waiting for the rain to stop. It wasn't as if being late was going to ruin her school record anymore at this point.

Her shoe slammed against a forming puddle as she neared the next intersection. A frown sat as she stared intently at the red light, thankful she wouldn't have to trudge behind a group of people this time around. Her feet continued moving in place in running motion, refusing to stop as several cars passed through.

He was bound to die. If not at this point, eventually.

As the light turned green, her skirt fluttered as a young boy had suddenly rushed out, her eyes just barely catching him. Time seemed to slow down as his feet padded against the ground, the sound of yelling mutely meeting her ears from behind. The sound of a horn blaring, the kid turning his head ever so slowly to meet it with innocence.

She shouldn't have helped him.

Her body had moved before she had even reacted, catapulting her straight towards the child. Her arm had outstretched, fingers hooking onto the back of his hoodie as much as she could. Her phone had clattered against the pavement, her body flying forward with dictated force as he flew back into her original position. Lights flashed on her side as she felt her body soar for that short moment, her body lifting just enough so she could see his upsidedown screams. Her heart pounded, ready to break out of her chest as the horror sunk in.

Maybe god just hated her. Maybe this was some kind of sick, twisted joke he decided to play on her sad excuse for a life just to appease his own sadistic entertainment. They always did say gods were cruel creatures.

She couldn't answer the question as the truck crashed into her side, slamming her into the eternal void of darkness.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Death.

The permanent end to someone's life. Usually, people would be able to die in their late ages after experiencing what life has to offer. Some people were unlucky as one might say and come to meet death at a young age. But no matter what age it may come at, all people would eventually come to meet with the man himself. As human life was mortal, there was no escaping the cruel fate once you had been born.

She couldn't feel her body, the only thing she could sense being the layers of darkness that seemed to fold over one another in attempts to claim her sight. If she could feel anything, her body had long since grown numb to the sensation. All that remained was a cold burn that filled her insides accompanied by the sound of muffled ringing.

Had she died?

No, this certainly did not feel like death. Despite her body being entirely numb at the moment, she was quite sure she could just make out her limbs if she tried hard enough. She wouldn't have been able to hear a growing sound of bells if she had died. She wouldn't have been able to feel the cold air pressing against her body or the rise of her chest if she had died.

She attempted to open her eyes but found them terribly weighed down, suddenly finding herself extremely fatigued from the action. Her body lulled her, calling her to come back into the bliss of sleep, but she shook off that thought just as quickly as it had come. Slowly, and rather painfully she would come to find out later, her eyes began to open.

Only to be met with an extremely blinding light.

The female released a hiss, her eyes squinting at the sudden entrance of brightness as white specks dotted her vision. She grimaced quickly after a few seconds, forcing her eyes back open and refusing to allow herself to remain there doing nothing. It took a few moments of blinking before her eyes finally relented, the earlier blurriness slowly dissipating into concrete images. Her body twitched, a finger making a jerked tap against the ground.