Chapter 1

HEYYYYYYY GUYSSSSSS!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS IS SO EXCITING FOR ME!!!!!!! So, let's start off first with how have y'all been? Jeez it has been so longgggggggg. Btw before I move any further, please, please, if you haven't already, go check out my sister xXMarinaDeSantisXx and her stories. JOIN THE RAT ARMYYYYYY!!!!!!!
Also go check out my drawings too if you can!😁 ALSO, DID YALL HEAR THAT BEN AFFLECK WILL BE DIRECTING A MOVIE OF KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES??!?! IT IS CRAZY! CAN'T IMAGINE HOW SHANNON MESSENGER MUST FEEL RN! IT BETTER BE GOOD TOO! IF ANY OF MY FELLOW READERS DON'T KNOW WHAT KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES IS, I BEG YOU TO READ IT. IT IS PRY THE BEST BOOK SERIES YOU WILL EVER READ!!!! Anywho, moving on, so if you didn't know already, I am starting this new story hoping for a fresh start and this time, i feel more committed. Obviously, I really wasn't that committed with the other stories i attempted to write and sorta bailed out on them. But this one, idk, I just feel like I am actually onto something with this story. I will be updating 1-2 times a week, depending on my schedule. Thank you all for supporting me and my amazing sis. Hope you enjoy the story!

I sauntered around the village, heading
towards the markets. As soon I started to turn
around the corner, I instantly smelled the delicious sent of food, something my family didn't have much of. I was only a young woman who happened to be seventeen, yet worked like any other man who had a job and a family to feed. We all have to work so hard for just one meal to put on the table, not only my family but specifically our whole town.

As I went to the first stand to grab some fresh fruit, I heard the sounds of clopping and stomping. I immediately looked up with a sigh.

Of course, it was the guards, again. This time they have gotten George Kingsford. Our people have warned the man numerous times, they are watching us, you cannot get anything past them.

He was a poor man who struggled to feed himself everyday and had no place to stay. Most people found him as a petty man and exclaimed that he was no less than us so why should they help him? I personally, would have offered him something, but it was just too much for me and my family. We already struggled enough with just the seven of us.

"Surrender! For you shall be punished for the crime you have done before us!" one of the guards yelled.

"P-please, S-sir, it was only a small piece of bread. I-" he tried but the guard cut him off.

"That is enough! I have heard all I need to hear! This selfish act you have engaged in shall be put to a halt! We must burn this man at stake!" he chanted.

The other guards agreed while the crowd watching before them and just stood there, emotionless. And this is how it worked around here. We couldn't get anything past them, they saw and knew everything that was going on around in our small town.

  I vastly picked up everything else I came here for, payed with the little money I had, and was out of there. I did not want to see a poor, helpless man being burned to death.

  I genuinely had no idea what was going on with our country. Ever since the new generation of our royalty stepped in, it has never been the same. We all in this town used to be fed well, got payed decently, and just had better lives in general. We also were open with one another and were all friends. But now, things have changed on that too.

  We don't even know anything about our royalty and who is in charge at the moment. For some reason, everything here works so secretively now.

  According to rumors though, the Prince is a matter of fact looking for a woman in marriage. I don't really know though if that's true, it was just a rumor that was spreading around our town. But anyways, after what those people put this country through, I don't think anyone would be interested in the Prince. All they did for us was make our lives miserable.