Ch.17

Akomish's POV~

I don't think I've ever used someone's lap as a pillow. Mark and me were in my apartment, catching up on the entire month we were separated.

But now, he sat criss-crossed. I had my head in his lap, and he had a book put out to were we could both read it.

Adam was gonna be coming home Dylan's apartment. But the thing was, me and Mark agreed to keep silent about us. So when she knocked on the door, we had to be ready.

We were in the middle of a sentence when she knocked. Mark threw the book, and I jumped up. He pulled out his phone and jumped on the couch. I rubbed my hands together, and anwsered to Dylan.

"I'm never babysitting Adam again." Dylan blurted out.

I looked at her and smiled. "How much fun did you guys have?"

She looked like she was tired. "Did you teach that bird to scream 'alarm' at 2 am in the morning? I didn't sleep for two nights! I only got sleep for the rest of the month because I told him snooze."

I laughed. "I give him special settings for the people who take care of him. I think I taught him Alarm when I first got him."

Mark laughed from the couch, and Dylan looked past me to him. "Oh. I was fully unaware Mark was here. Hi Mark." Dylan waved to Mark. Mark waved back to Dylan.

A few minutes later, Adam was home. Dylan and Mark sat on the couch, talking about stuff.

I looked over at Adam, who was just exploring his cage. I looked at Mark, and got an idea. You see, Adam's home was only 3 yards from the back of the couch. So, I quietly snuck over and opened his cage silently. I put my arm in, and he hopped on.

I walked up behind Mark, and lowered Adam down. Adam somehow knew what I was thinking, and jumped on Mark's head.

"Yeah, I thought th- Umm. WHAT IS ON MY HEAD." Mark freaked out, but stayed still.

Suddenly, Adam decided that Mark's head was the perfect place to Dance Party. What it is Dance Party? Well, when I first rescued Adam from a shelter for exotic pets, I played music for him going home.

He liked one song so much, he started doing some weird bird dance. Ever since, he would randomly start dancing.
*
*
*
Mark's POV~

It was night time, and I was laying on the floor next to Mish. We had just about ever blanket in her apartment, and made a fort again.

She was sleeping, and I was just lying down. Suddenly, she said something. I couldn't make out what it was. Suddenly she sat up, and gasped.

I turned to her about to ask what it was, when she ran to the window.

"Oh thank god it was a dream!" She laughed.

"What are you even doing?" I asked.

She looked at me, and smiled. "I had a dream that Infamous: Second Son came to life, and I was a Conduit. The game takes place in Seattle, so I kinda freaked."

I laughed and got up to stand next to her. "Your city is really pretty."

She laughed. "My city is really rainy."

We watched out the window, talking about anything we thought was interesting.

"I think I wanna move to L.A." Akomish watched out the window.

I looked at. "L.A? You don't wanna live in Seattle anymore?"

She shook her head. "Seattle is just... I've done everything I can here. I've been everywhere, seen everything."

"What about Alex and Dylan?" I asked.

"You really think I could move out of town without them? They're coming with me." She laughed.

I laughed. "My complex has a couple of apartments. That could work out well, couldn't it?"

"Welp. Looks like I'm moving to L.A!"