Chapter 6: The Interview

Start from the beginning

"Yes I want to be one for halloween! They are the coolest"

You nodded

"I totally agree. Super cool." you said.

You stood up and saw Nicole smiling at you and Henry.

"Okay Henry, you can go play again. I just wanted you to meet, Y/N." Nicole said happily.

"it was nice to meet you Henry!" you called after him.

He smiled and waved as he disappeared to go play in his room.

You noticed Nicole looking at her watch, a look of annoyance clear on her face.

"Im sorry my husband should be done by now, one second" she said as she walked back into the bedrooom area.

   You could'nt hear them but you could imagine she was asking him to come out.

   Looking around the apartment you thought they must be the happiest little family. Henry's artwork eveywhere, toys all about, not many pictures of the family but you thought they must be in the bedrooms.

   Lost in thought, you almost didn't notice when Nicole walked out with her husband following behind her. Looking over to the hall way, your heart stopped.

It was Charlie.

He was typing something on his phone, not paying attention until he got to the living room and saw you.

This cant be happening, he thought.

Heart doing double time, you made direct eye contact with Charlie.

   He was wearing sweatpants and a sweater, bare foot. He looked so comfortable but still so breathtakingly handsome.

   You had one a pretty blue dress and your hair up away from your face. His pulse quickened as he took in the sight of you.

So beautiful, he thought to himself.

The way little strands of hair shaped your face was so adorable.

He could imagine himself tucking a strand behind your ear as he kissed you.

No.

His wife was right fucking there.

You were pulled from your thoughts when you heard Nicole introduce him.

"Y/N, this is my husband Charlie." she said.

You swallowed hard. You didn't know what to say, you froze.

Seeing the hesitation, Charlie chimed in

"Y/N? Oh my gosh what a coincidence" he said cheerfully, trying to hide the panic he was feeling.

Nicole raised an eyebrow, a small smile still on her face.

"Do you know eachother?" she asked

You were brought back by her question.

"Sort of." you said "I actually just auditioned for the new play your husband is directing."

Her smile got wider, excited at the news. Your heart sunk even deeper. Her smile was stunning. She could be a model if she wanted. You were mediocre next to her.

But Charlie wasn't looking at his wife.

Your beauty was the only thing that had his attention.