xxxi. new years kiss

- george's pov -

- george's pov -

nearly knocked out cold, i felt small jolting against my arm as my eyes were closed. after inhaling sharply to the sudden movement, i fluttered my eyes open to see nothing but pitch black darkness ahead of me. with my eyes squinted, i tried my best to adjust my eyes to the dark room as i shuffled my body under the covers. while i moved my arm slightly to sink deeper into the firm mattress, i heard a low moan emit from something in front of me. i knit my eyebrows to the abrupt sound until i realized that angel was asleep beside me, since she reacted to my immediate movement.

"george?" my girlfriend mumbled softly.

as i felt her body turn around, i assumed that she was facing me even though i couldn't see her. "hi, love. sorry, did i wake you?' i sympathized in a hushed tone.

"no... you didn't," angel whispered, she sounded so sleepy. "just go back to sleep with me," my girlfriend uttered. i felt my heart grow warm as i heard how exhaustive her voice was, she was so cute when she was tired.

"actually, love... i think i'm going to get some water. i'll be back, okay?" i effused quietly into her ear.

angel hummed in response before lamenting, "don't be long, please. the bed grows too cold without you."

i felt my lips curl upward into a smile before placing a gentle kiss on her forehead, which i could easily navigate and locate in the dark. "i won't be. i'll come back soon," i assured my girlfriend.

in an instant, i hoisted myself to sit upright in bed before slowly lifting the duvet cover that angel and i were sharing off my body. however, i was quickly greeted with discomfort as my exposed upper body got immediately coated with goosebumps due to the frisk air of the bedroom. as my shirtless torso stood freezing, i reached over to my bedside table to grab a random shirt. while reaching blindly into the darkness, i quickly acknowledged that my fingertips were met with a soft, cotton fabric. i grabbed the t-shirt and quickly flung my arms up into the air in order to slip the clothing article over my cold body. before getting out of bed, i looked downward toward angel in the dark. even though i could not see my beautiful girl, my smile stayed plastered on my face to the thought of her.

once i finally gathered some type of willpower to get out of bed, my bare feet were met with the chilly hardwood floors as i stepped through angel and i's bedroom. after locating the door knob, i turned it slowly to make sure i didn't make any abrupt sounds to wake my beautiful girl from her slumber. as i opened the door as quietly as i could, i walked through its wooden door frame before softly shutting it closed. turning around and away from the door, i was greeted with a well-lit upstairs hallway and some murmuring downstairs. i began to follow the jumbled voices from below me and i sauntered down the staircase of our airbnb.

"george! i didn't think you'd be awake!" dream proclaimed as i turned the corner into the kitchen.

"hey, shush! angel is still sleeping," i preached softly while bringing my index finger to my lips. i started to walk over to the refrigerator, where i opened the metal doors and grabbed a new bottle of water to quench my late night thirst.