"What do we have? A wet fish on dry land" Burke asks "Absolutely, Dr. Burke" Sarah says "Dr. Bailey, Dr. Grey, let's shotgun her" Burke says "That means every test in the book -- C.T., CBC, chem-7, tox screen" Sarah explains "Cristina, you're on labs. George, patient workups. Meredith and Sarah get Katie for a C.T. She's your responsibility now Meredith" Bailey says.Meredith and Sarah grab her bed and start moving it.

Once they get everything set up Sarah looks over at Meredith, "alright I leave her in your care and Mer don't kill your first patient" Sarah says smiling at her sister "thanks for the advice Sar" Meredith says while rolling her eyes with a small smile forming on her lips. Sarah smiles and pats her sisters shoulder before leaving to go and find Delilah.

~Lunch At The Intern Table~

"This shift is a marathon, not a sprint. Eat" George says looking at Izzie "I can't" Izzie says "You should eat something" George says after taking a bite out of food, "You try eating after performing 17 rectal exams. The nazi hates me" Izzie says "The nazi's a resident. I have attendings hating me" George says and takes a bite of food "You know Sarah and Meredith are inbred?" Cristina says sitting forward in her chair

"Like it's uncommon around here to be have doctors' as parents" George says not realizing "No, royally inbred - their mother is Ellis Grey" Cristina says "Shut up. The Ellis Grey?" Izzie says. Just then Sarah walks in and hears her mothers name and of course wants to know what they are talking about so she walks closer "Who's Ellis Grey?" George asks "The Grey Method. Where'd you go to med school - Mexico?" Cristina asks causing Sarah to smirk,

"She was one of the first big chick surgeons" Izzie says while slightly waving her hand "She's a living legend!" Cristina says smiling "Yeah, she won the harper avery twice" Sarah says causing all the interns to look at her. She just smiles and sits down next to Cristina. "So I didn't know one thing" George says "Talk about parental pressure" Izzie says looking sympathetically at Sarah.

"God, I would kill to have Ellis Grey as a mother, I'd kill to be Ellis Grey All I need is one good case" Cristina says "Katie Bryce is a pain in the ass If I hadn't taken the hippocratic oath, I'd kevorkian her with my bare hands" Meredith says as she sits down next to her sister. Everyone aside from Sarah look at Meredith with a questioning look, "What?" Meredith questions just as Dr. Burke walks up.

"Good afternoon, interns and Dr. Grey" Dr. Burke says and motions Sarah over. Sarah stands and walks over to him as he hands her some paper and looks around the table. "It's posted, but I thought I'd share the good news personally. As you know, the honor of performing the first surgery is reserved for the intern that shows the most promise. As I'm running the O.R. today, I get to make that choice" Burke explains causing all the inters to get nervous and lean forward in their seats.

"George O'Malley" Burke says causing George to freeze, "Me?" George questions "You'll scrub in for an appendectomy this afternoon" Burke says and walks away "Congratulations" Sarah says and starts to walk away but stops to whisper in her sisters ear. "Be careful, they all are fans of mom" she whispers and walks away.

Sarah and Delilah walk into the gallery and stand at the doorway. "He's gonna faint. He's a fainter" One intern says to another "No, code brown, right in his pants" another intern says "He's all about the flop sweat. He's gonna sweat himself unsterile" the first intern says again "10 bucks says he messes up the McBurney" a different intern says "$15 says he cries" Cristina says while sitting down.

"I'll put $20 on a total meltdown" another intern jumps in "$50 says he pulls the whole thing off" Sarah says causing Meredith to smile at her "That's one of us down there, the first one of us" Meredith says "Where's your loyalty?" Delilah asks "$75 says he can't even I.D. the appendix" Christina says while leaning forward "I'll take that action" Izzie says and takes a bite of food.

"I told you - he's gonna pull it off" Meredith says while smiling. After awhile of watching George messes up on accident. "He's 007" Alex says while taking a bite of food "007, yep" an intern says "A total 007" another intern says "What's "007" mean?" Izzie asks "License to kill" Sarah says and walks away with Delilah following in suit.

The rest of the time flies pretty quickly. Sarah works hard and checks in on all of her patients, talking with them and seeing if they need anything. After a while she walks to the desk to drop off a few charts. She looks around noticing the intern Alex is talking with the chief. "She's still short of breath. Did you get an A.B.G or a chest film?" the Chief asks "Oh, yes, sir, I did" Alex says with a smug look on his face "And what did you see?" Chief Webber asks.

"Oh, well, I had a lot of patients last night" Alex tries to blow it off but fails "Name the common causes of post-op fever" the Chief demands and Alex pulls out his book trying to find the answer "From your head, not from a book don't look it up. Learn it. It should be in your head. Name the common causes of post-op fever" Dr. Webber says "Uh... the common causes of post" Alex starts but can't remember "Can anybody name the common causes of post-op fever?" Chief asks looking around. Sarah looks up and looks towards him.

"Wind, Water, Wound, Walking, Wonder drugs - the five W's -most of the time, it's Wind -splinting or pneumonia. Pneumonia's easy to assume, especially if you're too busy to do the tests" Sarah says remembering the conversation she had with Alex earlier and him not taking her advice. "What do you think's wrong with 4-b?" Dr. Webber asks "The fourth "W," "Walking." I think she's a prime candidate for a pulmonary embolus" Sarah says "How would you diagnose?" Chief asks

"Spiral C.T., V/Q scan, provide O2, dose with heparin, and consult for an IVC filter" Sarah explains "Do exactly as she says, then tell your resident that I want you off this case" Webber says to Alex then walks over to her. "I'd know you anywhere. You're the spitting image of your mother" He says to her causing Sarah to smile slightly "Welcome to the game" Webber says then pats her shoulder and walks away.

The rest of her shift goes by quickly. Soon Sarah and Delilah are leaving the hospital and heading back to Sarah's house to relax until their next shift.

~~~~~~~~

Word Count before Note: 1,880

Word Count after Note: 1,980

A/N! Okay so that is the end of this first chapter. I would have continued it but then this would be way longer than need be so the next chapter should be posted soon. Let me know what you think and yes to answer the question a few of the things that Happen with Meredith will actually happen to Sarah because the bomb in the body and her drowning are things I could really work with. Anyway that should be all! I will have the next chapter posted soon!!