"They're from the wildlife service about the lake."

Buffy looked at Sam as they watch a little boy walk away. "His name is Lucas."

"Is he okay?"

"He's been through a lot." He tells her. "We all have."

Buffy grabbed Sam's hand and gave it a squeeze before she walked out. Sam stopped her as Dean asked for a place to stay.
~~~
The three followed Andrea. Buffy shook her head as Sam listened. "Dean is going to get shot down." Buffy said as they stopped in front of the hotel. Buffy looked at the hotel till she heard Andrea and laughed after she left. "I wish I had a camera for this moment." She replies as she looked at Dean. "You don't like kids."

"I love kids."

"Name three." Sam said.

When Dean didn't say a word, Sam grabbed Buffy and walked in with her. Dean shook his head knowing he had to get the two together.

Inside their hotel room, Buffy was twirling a stake in her hand as Sam was doing research. "So there's the three drowning victims this year." Sam said making Buffy walk over.

She leaned in and started to read the articles, but something caught her eye. "Bar?" She questioned.

"Where have I heard Bar from?" Dean questioned.

Buffy saw the picture and sighed. "Lucas's father." Buffy mumbled.

"Maybe we have an eyewitness after all." Sam tells them.

Buffy sighed as she left. Sam and Dean watched her leave and sighed. Sam looked at Dean knowing there was something bothering Buffy and he knew. "I don't know this time."

Sam shook his head. "She loves children and I guess Lucas witnessing his dad's death got to her."

Dean grabbed Sam. "Talk to her."
~~~
Sam and Dean arrived at the park to see Buffy talking to Andrea. "Can we join you?" Sam asked causing Buffy to look up.

"I'm here with my son." She said as Buffy smiled.

"Ignore Dean." She tells her.

"Tell him that the Jerry Maguire act isn't going to work."

Buffy laughed as Dean went to talk to Lucas. "That's Dean for you." She tells her.

Sam looked at Buffy as she was getting answers. "Lucas hasn't said a word. Not even to me..." Andrea trailed off. "Not since his dad's accident."

"Yeah, we heard, sorry."

"What did the doctor say?" Sam asked

"That it's a kind of post-traumatic stress."

"That can't be easy for either of you." Buffy said. She looked back at Lucas, she knew what he was doing. He came over and gave Dean a picture. The blonde watched him walk back to where he was at.
~~~
Buffy was taking a shower. Dean looked at Sam. "When are you going to ask her?"

"Dean.."

"Buffy has loved you since we were kids." He said as he sat down. "That night when I came to get you two, Mark knew who Buffy actually loved. He hated that she gave you attention or helped you. He couldn't stand seeing her smile with you. That's what made her upset that night we left." Dean confessed. "She loves you, Sam and I know you love her."