Chapter 1: Mellifluous.

Start from the beginning

"Oh god this taste so, I don't know how to describe it. The one's I've had before were all very much artificial and fake" he exclaimed excitedly before sitting down next to me as I make sure to have an appropriate distance between us, I don't appreciate sudden intimacy with strangers or people I've just come to know. "You must thank Sophie for that, she's the one who works here all the time" I replied before tossing away the little leaves that I accidentally pulled out while holding onto the plants earlier. He nods in acknowledgement, "If you don't mind me asking how old are you? All the students I've seen before are just" he interrupts me with a little playfully giggle as if he was expecting the question sooner or later from me. "Old, boring and dumb I know. I'm 29 years old, ten years older than you unfortunately" he clears the confusion out with a sad smile, maybe hoping me to consider him lame just because of his age.

"Age is just a number in my opinion and ten year gap isn't even a lot, you definitely aren't old or boring but maybe dumb" I tried to comfort his smile since for some odd reason I didn't fancy the fact of him being upset. He seemed like he was insecure regarding his age, perhaps people who met him before made him feel uncomfortable even though in my opinion he didn't look more than 21 years old physically but definitely through his actions he seemed way more mature which complimented his age.

"That makes you the first one to say that" his smile widened a bit as if he wasn't expecting what I just said but then I shrugged it off thinking it's his way of expressing his emotions. "Wouldn't change it" I said before looking up at the way sun seemed extra mad at the earthly beings for the day meanwhile Jungkook simply closed his eyes to relax down with the atmosphere, the soft rattling of leaves against each other acted as the music to one's years meanwhile the way each little drop of water clashed against the other could be a whole another story in itself. "What do you do around here?" he questioned as I turned my head to finally look at his honey gazed skin underneath the golden light.

At that moment even the little scar of on his forehead seemed seductive on it's own, the seductive element was dominating over the peaceful environment as I felt my hormonal rush balancing itself on it's own creating the situation a little uncomfortable for someone like me. "There's a lot to look around, Namjoon can take you for sure. He's into travelling" I offered my idea knowing that it's better for me to maintain my distance even though what I said was the truth, I don't personally enjoy going to the same crowded places over and over again especially when I can just take a seat here at home and continue my work.

Maybe after he told me his age I didn't really want to seem childish around him, our age gap would also differentiate not only in terms of experience but also the acquired maturity. "You don't enjoy travelling?" he questioned while peaking at me for a bit with a surprised look as a shrugged my shoulder in response to let him know that I don't, I enjoy travelling alone not with people and definitely not with someone who's not only ridiculously handsome but better than I am in everything so I'd rather not embarrass him in public. "Don't get me wrong but I'm enjoying your presence, it's calming and subtle" he confessed.

I stared at him not knowing what to reply even though it's not the first time someone found my presence calming, it's something I've heard often even though I clearly still enjoy being alone. "Don't sit here for too long you might get dehydrated from all the heat, I'll take my leave now so if you need anything else please don't hesitate to reach out" I spoke while getting up knowing that I've stayed around him for longer than I thought I'd last but the fun part was that I didn't even realize how the time just passed out around him which is only possible when one enjoys or feels themselves in the moment too much. It scared me, the fact that I was starting to get attached or wanted to get attached to someone I've barely known and just met today but at the same time it also felt perhaps exciting to know that he held the power to attract someone like me effortlessly. "Hey wait" I felt his hand around my wrist which he pulled back soon after as I must have spaced out in my thoughts and ignored his calls.

"Can you please stay here? I-i'm sorry but I don't know why it's just better to have a company around" he looked at me with his doe like eyes that were now splashing with hope and sort of pleading. Sighing I walked away towards the wooden table where I placed the book I was reading earlier this morning and grabbed it back.

A little disappointed look took over his face which he didn't know himself why but still a part of him wished for me to stay back which lights up as I came into his view again with my book. Taking the same seat as before I realized that he was a bit closer this instance which was maybe because of the fact his position changed a bit when he moved ahead to hold my wrist to grab my attention. I didn't feel uncomfortable though and he simply went back to shutting his eyes down just like he was before after passing me a soft gentle smile that screamed his gratitude.

I opened up my book once again even though it was a struggle to pull my eyes back to focus on the lines instead of his angelic face. His soft breathing was the music to my years instead of the natural sounds that I once found my heaven in. I found myself matching my breathing pattern as his or just counting the breaths one by one instead of focusing on the crucial part of the story. It was a weird feeling, I've never felt this way before and I didn't really appreciate all the feelings I was feeling. It was as if I wanted to leave but I couldn't because my heart didn't let me even though my brain begged me to do so. At that moment I felt myself getting confused and lost: was Jeon Jungkook the start to the new chapter I've been waiting for?