Chapter 1: Mellifluous.

Start from the beginning

...

"You know Jungkook, don't spend all your time studying. Especially in a place like this you should stroll around for a bit, Y/n or Namjoon can show you around since Jin is a house bug" Dad laughed out as we all continued to eat. The lunch was going well so far but unfortunately Jin had to leave in between due to some work call which happens quite often now that even a single mistake is barely tolerated by him. With growing popularity people also tend to get jealous of his work and that results in them finding out mistakes even in the littlest corners but Jin takes it in a positive way as always. "Definitely sir, this place is like a mental therapy" Jungkook said while enjoying my mom's hand made food while I decided to not participate in the conversation since it's better to enjoy food rather than presenting your opinions either way.

"It indeed is but dad we need to look through Mr Albert's paper before tomorrow's board meeting so if you don't mind can we please analyze the situation once again and check on the report's before tomorrow itself?" Namjoon questioned a bit worried that the work won't finish before the given date even though it wasn't his fault but people tend to take advantage of his age as most of the board members are old enough to be his grandparents so a chaos is much expected and anticipated. "Oh then you two work, Y/n sweetie take Jungkook for a walk through our garden. It'll refresh his mind" Mom suggested as we all agreed even though I was a bit hesitant but then how was I even supposed to reason with the women who carried me for nine months, mom guess what I'm scared that I'll embarrass myself because this guy is not only ridiculously handsome but much more mature than I am? that's like an ultimate defeat to my face.

After the lunch I found myself walking towards the garden with Jungkook, he was awfully quite the whole time maybe due to his mind occupied with admiring the beauty of nature which is a rare site to city eyes. I'd trade the whole world for this view either way, "This is where we have blueberries, peaches, cherry tomatoes, pomegranates and some flowers around the the whole area" I explained as he stood thier with an awe struck expression. Pulling out some juicy and healthy blueberries I place it in his palms as the sparkle in his eyes puts the stars in shame, he truly admired what he was being offered perhaps it's also been a while for him to have visited a place silent and pure as this. I let him have his moment and admire the hard work of Sophie which was fancied by many.

Sophie was just 16 when she was married off by her parents to some stranger but yet she tried her best to adjust in the situation she faced. She tried her best to support the so called husband of hers who used her for sex and money and soon left her for another women by the time she turned 35. It still upsets me, the fact that Sophie never cursed the man because according to her when the parents who created her didn't take a chance to save her from drowning in a toxic marriage or even understanding her pain then how come she would have expected love from a total stranger.

Maybe she's right, her kids soon abandoned her after labelling her as a burden so she left the village in search of a meaning to her dark life. All she knew in her life was domestic work and gardening which she learned from her biological mother at a very young age, at the age of 40 my mother found her at Mrs Swan's house searching for work and since we were in need of a maid at that time my mom gladly accepted her at our place. Now she's 55 years old, it's been fifteen years of her working and living with us and it would be definitely safe to say that Sophie is an irreplaceable part of our family which we all are blessed to have.

I chew one of the blueberries as Jungkook does the same, his eyes widening at the sudden unexpected burst of natural flavours making me chuckle. I take a seat on the center wooden bench which faced the little fountain Alejandro set up last summer to refresh the minds of tired wanderers even though it's only me who uses it.