"oooo~ looks like someone has a new phone~" renjun hummed as the brown haired male looked inside the bag and back at the white box in his hands. "and it's the latest one, too."

"seriously, zhong chenle?" jeno mumbled to no one as he gave renjun a look, seeing the chinese male have a playful smile on his face. upon hearing about the brown haired boy's gift from the returning chinese, jaemin gave a quick glance to his two roommates, who were seated so close to each other on the other brown haired male's bed. he quickly looked away to not be caught by either of them, but never checked out from their conversation.

renjun took ahold of the green paper bag and looked inside of it, seeing a small sticky note right at the bottom. he reached in and pulled it out, flipping it over to see words written on it.

"hey," he called for the brown haired male, slapping the younger's arm with the back of his hand and gave him the sticky note. "this was inside the bag."

spending a minute to read what was written on the paper, jeno just shook his head and let out a sigh. "how did he find out about my cracked phone?"

speaking of his old phone, the brown haired male took it out of his pocket and observed it, not sure what to think about chenle's overly expensive give that he gave to him. even though it may be somewhat difficult to see what's on the screen due to two large cracks that decorated it, jeno was perfectly fine with the phone he had now. it was still fully functional and wasn't that old either.

then again, the fall that his phone had to go through that day was pretty bad, seeing as it hit the hard floor from about three feet in the air.

"jisung probably told him," the chinese male commented, answering his friend's question and shaking his head at the younger's whipped nature. "that guy tells everything to his boyfriend."

jeno could only nod and agree since it was true. he put his old phone aside and began to open the box with the new device. the chinese male next to him watched carefully as the brown haired boy took his precious time in peeling off a plastic wrap that covered the outside.

"hey, jaemin," renjun turned his attention towards his other brown haired male, breaking the silent atmosphere of the dorm room. the said male looked up from his phone at him before raising a brow as if asking 'what?'

"you cracked your phone, too, so maybe you also have a new phone from chenle," the red haired male said, using his context clues to take a guess as to what the younger's gift may be.

a shrug was what replied to his statement. "i mean, i'm perfectly fine with mine right now, though." the brown haired male showed the chinese his phone from where he was sitting to prove his point before turning the screen back to him, glancing at it to see his process in his game.

silence settled back into place in the room as jaemin looked back up in the direction of his roommates, looking from jeno to renjun, and locking eyes with the chinese male. even though the two were across the room from each other, they could still see each other's eyes clearly, and no matter how far they were, they could still feel the depth.

renjun and jaemin remembered the first time they had actually looked into each other's eyes this deeply, and it was the day that chenle was leaving for china, when renjun had tripped and fell to the ground, bringing the brown haired male with him. since then, they never looked into each other's eyes this deeply, and experiencing the moment again, despite being in a different setting and context, brought butterflies to renjun's stomach and caused jaemin to gulp down the urge to get lost in the red haired male's eyes.

realizing the situation and where this was going, the older male teared his eyes away from the brown haired boy across the room and ended their eye contact game, placing his attention towards the paper bag he had in his hand and breaking the silence in the room. "i'm going to open mine now."