Royalty

~Harry's POV~

Hello, I'm Harry Potter and I go to The Royal Academy of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I'm sixteen and I'm betrothed to my friend, Hermione Granger.

Today is my first day of school for my sixth year. Mum Apparates me to school and says, "Have a great day, Harry!" 

"Thanks, Mum!"We're here! I walk in and the doors open. I see my friend Ginny Weasley... snogging Dean Thomas. I wish I could hex him, and this is a brotherly instinct, but perhaps I should try and control it.

I walk to the Great Hall for breakfast and sit next to Hermione and Ron. I chew aggressively on my breakfast, Hermione asks me, "What's wrong, Harry?"

"Nothing."

"Something's definitely wrong."

"Fine, I saw Ginny snogging Dean-"

Ron yells, "My sister snogged Dean!"

Hermione shouts after him, "Come back, Ron!"

He runs out of the Hall in pursuit of Dean. Hermione and I shoot Full-Body Bind Curses at him but miss. I cast a Cushioning Charm in front of him and Hermione uses a Tripping Jinx and she casts a shield behind the Cushioning Charm. 

He trips and he falls.  Hermione puts a Full-Body Bind on him and calms him down. We go back to eating breakfast. We go to Charms first, I practice the Blue Sparks Charm absentmindedly while I think about Ginny. She's kind, she's thoughtful, and she's attractive.

Ron asks, "Mate, who are you talking about?"

"Er-" I mouth to Hermione, "What do I do?" She summons a firework from my pocket and sets it off. It sends the whole room into a panic.

***

After class, I tell Hermione, "I have to talk to you."

"Me too."

"It's not that you're a bad person, but I like someone else."

"Me too!"

"Ginny."

"Ron."

"What should we do."

"Tell everyone that we're not standing for being betrothed to each other."

"Great idea."

***

~Ginny's POV~

I heard that Harry and Hermione aren't going to be betrothed to each other anymore. I see Cho Chang giggling with her friends and walking towards Harry. How dare her!

***

Dean is pushing me through the portrait hole, this is the last straw! "Dean! I can get through the portrait hole, and don't say this will stop because I know it won't stop, I'm breaking up with you!"

I storm up to my dormitory to go to bed.

***

Today is my second day and I didn't think I could get this mad at anyone. I walk down to the common room, all fifth-year students start at 10:00 an hour after the sixth year students.

                                         ~Harry's POV~

I see Ginny sitting in a chair in the corner of the common room. I tell Ron and Hermione, "Don't wait for me." I walk over to Ginny and ask, "What's wrong Gin?"

"Everyone thinks that I need to be helped with everything. I feel like you're the only one who understands."

"Thank you."

"I know I'm asking very much, but will you stay with me until my first class?"

"Of course."

"Thank you, Harry."

"Do you want to walk to the courtyard?"

"Ok."

We walk down to the courtyard and talk for an hour and then go to classes.

***

We just won the Quidditch Cup! Ron's holding the Cup while Ginny and I run towards each other and I stop and look at Ron, he nods. And Ginny and I kiss for what might have been a minute or an hour.

I'm dating Ginny Weasley, the Ginny Weasley, and Ron's okay with it. And no one can change that, even Cho Chang, who wants to date me all of the sudden. It's weird.