Chapter 17: Throwing a Wrench in the Works

Start from the beginning

Sam looked at Dean, who merely shrugged. Harry already knew more than he was comfortable with, so what did it matter if he knew that too.

"Ten days from now," Sam admitted.

Harry hummed upon that thinking about what Loki told him and what he learned from the Winchesters and Bobby. That was when he remembered something Loki told him before their holidays.

"It seems that there is another thing I'll have to talk with Loki about," he mused. The Winchesters looked at him strangely. "It might look that way, but I don't know everything. Loki told me something before we went on holiday, and that brought me to an idea."

"What idea?" suddenly sounded from the door.

They all looked up to see that Loki entered together with some unknown man. Said man, however, looked at Harry before bursting into a full run rushing up to him and embracing him in a hug.

"Oh, Harry," he said. "I'm so sorry."

Harry though was confused. Was this the day of apologies? "Who are you?" He asked, trying not to be crushed by the man.

"I'm Sirius Black, I'm your godfather," the man replied tears filling his eyes.

"Huh? I didn't know I had one..." he knew about Sirius Black of course from his parents, but it seemed that they forgot to tell him that the man was his godfather.

"Let's just say he was incapacitated the last ten years," Loki piped in.

After that, they sat down and talked a lot. Sirius told Harry things about himself and his school life while Harry explained some of the pranks they pulled. To say that Sirius was pleased with how Harry's school days went, would be an understatement. He just loved the fact that Harry had the opportunity to learn from the infamous Loki himself while he mourned that he never had the chance. The entire time Harry leaned against Loki still fearing that he would leave him.

They talked nearly the whole day when Loki remembered that Harry hinted at something when they entered.

"Harry, you said that you had an idea about something..." He drawled out.

At first, Harry was a bit confused about the sudden switch of topics, but he nodded once he caught up. "Yes, you're right. When Sam told me that Dean's contract was due to come to an end." Upon that, Sirius looked strangely at Dean. "I remembered something you told me on Christmas. You remember the thing about the righteous man?" Harry swiftly looked at Dean and back to Loki to indicate what he meant.

It took a moment for Loki to get what he meant. "Wait...you mean..." Loki now looked thoroughly at Dean who shifted uncomfortably under his gaze. "But it would fit. The demons, Ruby, why Sammy isn't able to get you out of that deal...the rumours I heard as of lately."

"What the heck are you two talking about?" Dean exclaimed having enough of the cryptic hints, the two gave.

"I think this is your turn, Lo," Harry said.

Loki nodded and started to explain what he already told Harry on Christmas about Lucifer, his cage and the seals.

"So you want to tell me that I'll be the one to break the first seal on Lucifer's cage?" Dean asked incredulously. "Now I want to go to hell even less..."

Loki sighed. "Dean, it doesn't matter whether you go to hell or not. Three independent seers told the same thing that the seals will be broken. If it isn't you, it will be someone else...probably your father, but I just had an idea," he suddenly said with a vindictive grin. Sam raised an eyebrow. "It seems that the fall of the first seal itself can't be influenced and is unavoidable, but what we can influence is the condition under which it falls."