𝙲𝚑. 𝟷 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍

"there is an appointed time for everything, and a time for every affair under the heavens... a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot the plant, a time to kill and a time to heal... a time to tear down and a time to build..."

"are you okay?" alex whispers to izzie getting your attention.

"a time to weep..."

"want the wheelchair?" alex continues to pester.

"and a time to laugh..." by this point you're tuning out the priest as he spoke just as izzie started to run off. alex turns to look at you and meredith before running after izzie. you sigh as cristina and meredith start to go after him knowing you should go too.

"i'm so sorry" izzie says while laughing

"you're laughing?" meredith says in disbelief.

"she's laughing" alex smirks while izzie continues to laugh.

you and cristina look at each other before looking at izzie like she's crazy.

"george- george is dead. he's dead. they're about to put him in the ground, and the priest is doing classic rock lyrics. and that girl, the redhead is crying harder than his mother, and she never even met him." izzie laughs as you and alex try to hold you're laughter in.

"it's just..." cristina starts "you are far more twisted than i ever realised" sounding and looking shocked as she finished

"and you got married" izzie continues to laugh "on a post-it" you all start laughing

"i got married on a post-it. i did. i did." meredith laughs

"you guys got married for real for real?" cristina questions gesturing to the married couple besides her

"i know!" izzie replies as you all start laughing harder. "and you" izzie points to you "you're mom's coming to virginia" she adds as the hard laughter continues "and i got cancer. what?"

"dude, o-o'malley got hit by a bus." alex says as you all start laughing harder if it was possible

"really lived up to 007" you state as the laughter continues

"oh my god" izzie says as the laughter begins to fade

the girl george saved walks by still crying more his mother

that really seemed to do it as you all started busting out laughing

"she never stops crying" izzie continues as the laughter starts to fade again

-

numb. no pain, no discomfort, just numb. george died and you don't know how to feel about it. he was your friend, one of your closets. one second he was there telling you he was going to join the army and the next he was laying on a o.r. table brain dead. sure you shed a few tears about it but you didn't have your breakdown yet, and you're not sure that you will. you sigh as you sit up on your bed and look around your room. you're currently staying at mer's house until you get your own space. you need to go and do something, get your mind off of george and the fact that mom was visiting in a few days. since iz and alex were going to be staying in the trailer you basically had the house to yourself except for the fact mer and derek were doing what most "newly weds" do. and that's when you decided that you were going to take george and your mom off your mind by drinking your sorrows away and maybe getting some drunk sex.

you tread over to and go trough your closet. although you have many clothes you can never find anything to wear, that is until a short dark red satin dress catches your eye and you grab it. holding it by the hanger against your body in the mirror you see that the deep red really suits your skin tone. you set the dress on the bed as you grab your stuff for your shower. you walk into the bathroom and make sure the water's warm enough before stepping in and starting your routine.

as you're washing your hair with your citrus and lavender shampoo your thoughts start to drift to your mom. you never really had the best relationship with her. sure you would have some happy memories, but that rarely happens. as harsh as it sounds she never wanted you, in fact your father never wanted you. he only wanted a boy, he was toxic, abusive even. your mom eventually left him, but not before trying to fix her marriage. seeing as he didn't want a daughter she tried for a boy. nate. you loved him. he was the only thing left you had to live for, but even after getting what he wanted your father divorced your mother and left never to be seen again. with that being said your mom favored nate, she chose him over you and it wasn't that bad that is until she met him. dr. james forrest. you liked him and he liked you, and for the first time in your life you found a suitable father figure. he was a dentist, good looking, really charming guy. he made you feel wanted even when both your parents didn't. your mom didn't change much and that led you to trying to impress her. that doesn't seem to do the trick as she puts her own marriage before you, sure you still had james and nate but it wasn't enough. it made you feel unwanted and hate yourself. but apparently she has a heart seeing as she's coming to visit.

after finishing your shower routine you wrap your towel around yourself and leave the bathroom and head into your room. drying yourself off then wrapping your hair up in the towel. you head over to your dresser and pick out a pair of black lace panties and slip them on. heading to sit on your bed you lotion yourself and slip your dress on. you take a moment to admire yourself in the mirror before slipping on some black strappy heels. You venture on back into the bathroom applying product to your hair and putting it half up half down. you then start to do your makeup a simple smokey liner, concealer, blush, and gloss. making your way back into your room you spritz yourself with perfume before grabbing your coat and wallet before heading out the house.
-
you walk into the bar the warm air gushing around you as you head to the bar. sitting down you order a shot of tequila. as you get your shot you feel someone sit next to you and turn to see an attractive man with a messy but neat mop of brown hair on his head and a jawline that cut glass. you turn before he could notice and down the shot before asking for another along with a rum and coke. the man beside you chuckles.

"rough night?" he asks smirking lightly

"rough month" you almost scoff at that downing your second shot before turning to him looking him up and down. he was wearing a navy blue button up top two buttons undone and black slacks. "rough night" you mock back while he turns to you.

"something like that" he admits "i'm spencer by the way"

you take a sip of your rum and coke turning and smiling slightly "y/n"

he holds his gaze with you. "wow those beautiful eyes" you thought to yourself. "wanna get out of here?" you ask as he looks you up and down.

"yeah" spencer breathes out as you both get up and he sets a bill on the counter before heading out to get a cab with his hand on your lower back.
-
you quietly enter the house spencer hot on your tail as you grab his hand and lead him to your room closing the door behind you as the two of you start to indulge into each other with not a care in the world.
———————————————————————————
so much for a first chapter 🧍🏾‍♀️ i just feel like i'm babbling anyways.. i hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter
wc: 1351