"Whoa," I breathe out.

"Yeah," Delilah nods, clearly eager to finish her story before either one of them walks in. "He even had an engagement ring picked out for her, but then Olivia came along and poof,"—Delilah flicks her fingers animatedly—"he falls head over heels for her and his engagement falls out a ten story window and kisses the concrete of the sidewalk below. Hard."

Delilah shakes her head, frowning, looking lost in a memory for a moment. "Olivia didn't lead him on either," she says definitively, clearly defending her friend. "But she still blames herself." Delilah sighs, disheartened. "Olivia didn't know anything about his girlfriend because I think he made it a point to hide it from her. I told Olivia though when Quinton confessed to me that he had feelings for her. I told him not to peruse it, that Olivia didn't feel the same way, but he persisted.

"When Olivia told him she couldn't be with him... he had a complete meltdown. At one point, I honestly thought Olivia was going to cave and just date him because she felt so bad, but I told her that would only make the situation worse. Not to mention make her miserable."

My fists involuntarily clinch. I already knew rat boy didn't take Olivia's rejection well from what Olivia told me that day in the cafeteria, and that she felt bad about it, but I didn't know how bad the situation really was. How messed up he really is.

Delilah opens her mouth, as if to say more, but quickly snaps it shut as her eyes dart to the door.

I look over my shoulder to spot Olivia walking into the classroom. Her hair tie is trapped between her teeth as her hands work to quickly scoop up her hair to redo her ponytail. Once her hair is secured, her eyes travel up to meet mine. I take in a sharp breath, staring into those sweet, warm brown eyes that have imprints around them from lab goggles.

A small blush makes its way to her cheeks, and she slowly walks up the stairs to her seat.

"Hey, Finch," I say softly, treading lightly after yesterday, still sensing a bit of lingering tension.

"Hey." She gives me a small smile as I pull out her chair for her.

After all the new information I just found out, I can't help but stare at her, my heart hurting for her. I can't say I completely understand her situation—if Adrianna pulled something like that and I was in a similar situation as Olivia with rat boy, I don't think I'd blame myself, I'd say it was Adrianna's own damn fault—but I can see how she would feel guilty. Olivia is too sweet to have someone treat her that way and make her feel so guilty. That's why I have to seriously restrain myself when rat boy walks in.

Lecture goes by with a breeze, but I can tell something is wrong with Olivia. I can sense her gloomy mood. And it's not just the lingering tension from yesterday.

When our professor dismisses class, and we all begin to pack up, Delilah speaks up. "Hey, Liv, you're still willing to tutor people, right?" she asks, shooting me a secretive glance.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. Who needs help?" Olivia asks, looking up from shoving her binder into her powder blue backpack.

"Oh, just someone I know. I'm not totally sure if they're set on a tutor yet, but I'll let you know," Delilah says, flashing me another discreet look.

"Yeah, just let me know," Olivia says, slinging her backpack on. I can see it in her eyes that something is bugging her, her voice a bit dejected as well.

We all walk out of the lecture hall together, and eventually Delilah and rat boy have to veer off towards their next class. Olivia and I walk together in silence, and I glance at her frequently, able to tell she's mulling over something in that pretty little head of hers.