(Redone) Chapter 1

It's finally the summer season. School's over, and you're psyched. While walking back from school, you think about all the great things you'll do during the summer. You can't think of anything.

It feels like a giant weight's been brushed off your shoulders. All of the work, stress, and dreaded essays are finally behind you.

You head home, open the door, and breathe out. The house is dead silent.

Your dad's away for a business trip for "About a week", at least that's what he said. He's always out for trips, vacations, parties, or whatever excuse he can try and make up. And ever since your mom died when you were just a little kid, you've gotten used to being alone a lot. You don't have many friends, so you don't have much chance to throw a giant party at your house. Dad would probably kill you anyway if you did that..

You don't have much people that you talk to, so most of your days are consumed by playing video games and watching television. As always, you hop on the couch and turn on the TV.

While chuckling at the sly and cunning jokes made by Guy Fieri on his hit show Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, you hear the ring of the doorbell. "Huh? Who's at the door?" You think to yourself. "Ooh, maybe it's those people that sell cookies!" 

You flick the TV off, and go to answer the door. Your eyes are met by a gigantic box, even taller than you! The mailman glares at you, knowing this package obviously isn't yours.

"Could you just sign here with your dad's name, please?" His teenage voice cracks as he hands you a clipboard, showing a paper with whatever legal stuff could be on there. You grip the attached pen and sign your dad's name on the line.

You recognize the logo on the front of the box. WONDERTECH. That's dad's work! They're always making cool phones and stuff. Seeing that made you really excited to find out what could be inside. 

..But why was this delivered to you? Maybe some weird thing dad got from work. But you have to see what's inside this box!

You try to pick the package up. It's really heavy. You have to resort to pushing the box into your house, which is still a hard task. After a few minutes of grunting and pushing, you finally get it into the living room. You sprint to get some scissors and cut the tape holding the box open. As the cardboard falls to the ground, you gaze, in awe, of what you see.

"It's... What is this?" You say to yourself, too confused to even think. "Is this.. A robot?"

You walk up and inspect what it is. It's furry, and has a big, fluffy tail. Large ears point out from its head. The stomach is soft, like a plush toy. Metal plating covers the chest and waist.  A large, black screen visor covers it's face.

You feel the paws, before noticing a piece of paper on the ground next to it's legs. You unfold the paper and see strange stains, like it was splashed with water.

You recognize your dad's handwriting, though it's a bit shaky...

Y/N -

This is your father. I am writing to you because I wanted to deliver you something.

This is a Protogen, and she is the new product from Wondertech. She is able to do many things.

She is a robot, but please be nice to her. Treat her like a friend.

I will be gone for another week, there is important work I need to complete.

The power switch is on the back of her neck.

I am sorry.

- F/N

Weird. He could have just texted you. But it's nice of him to be giving this gigantic robot to you. And... She? 

You feel up and down its neck and flick the switch. You step back and wait a few seconds, but nothing is happening.

"It must be bro-" A flash of white light from the visor startles you. The Protogen has turned on...