stupid

thursday, 5 february
9:23am

you let out a long, quiet sigh due to you being woken up by very loud breathing. who's breathing? none other than the guy you watched a cringy movie with the previous night. you looked up at his sleeping face, analysing the tranquility and peacefulness that he showed when asleep. it was almost illegal for you to look at him for so long, but that was when you realised that you truly had feelings for him, the way that every time that he would hum slightly every time he exhaled just made your stomach do cartwheels. the way that every time he would hold you tighter for a split second made your heart beat a little faster. yes, they were very small and almost unnoticeable gestures, but they made a large impact on you.

why won't you confess? because your pride is too big and to you, he seemed way way way out of your league. however, in reality, you were the one out of his league. you had literally every boy in existence swooning over you with every move you would make. did you care? not one bit. all you wanted was akaashi, to feel his lips against yours again.

and then you started fantasizing about the two of you very passionately kissing in the rain and your imagination is a bit TOO vivid if you ask me.

for one last time, you looked at his face, before snuggling back into your previous position, with your hands entangled in his hair. slowly drifting back to sleep.

your dreams were, as usual, full of sappy love scenarios with faceless or irrelevant men. but this one was different, he had a very strong resemblance to the boy who had you in his arms. this mystery boy has black hair, barely covering his eyes, and a very modern fashion sense. the love scenario was set at a lake.

it was actually entertaining, you knew it was a dream, but the romantic nature of it was actually enjoyable. you tried to force your brain to make the boy akaashi, but it didn't work.

you stirred for a moment, being slowly dragged out of your dream. your eyes shot open, you woke up to a grumpy akaashi trying to move you off of his bed so he could make it.

"fuck you, i was having a lovely dream and you fucking ruined it." you spat, only for him to stop rearranging the sheets and to sit next to you, placing a hand on your shoulder.

"l/n. never call me that again or i promise you won't be able to talk for at least a day." he smiled and stood back up. you could only assume that he had only just woken up because he had a 'morning voice' which was very hot.

""where's your bathroom? i need to get ready.." you stood up, adjusting your pyjama bottoms.

"third door on your right." he finally finished making his bed and stood next to you, showing which door he was talking about. even though your families were very close in net worth, it was apparent which preferred to save money, rather than to splash out on large houses and fancy cars.

you walked into the bathroom with your trusty overnight bag in hand. you almost screamed in horror when you saw the state that your hair was in. there were loose strands everywhere, and the scrunchie that you had in had been lost in your hair, and your makeup was long gone.

'how did he not laugh at the state that i'm in??'

you had just about finished freshening up, when you heard a knock on the door.

the door crept open, the warm face of akaashi's mum peeking through the gap, the cutest smile on her face. it was obvious who keiji got his looks from. you grinned back at her and gestured to let her in.

"mrs akaashi, you can come in!" you quickly tied your hair up in a low ponytail, your hair was too much to be kept out.

"do you like him, babe?" she whispered, closing the door behind her, a giddy smile on her face.

you scoffed sarcastically, "obviously, he's, like, the perfect guy! you've done the best job raising him! he is so sweet to me, and he didn't laugh at my hair this morning!" you watched as she beamed up at you, pride washing over her face as she cooed.

"my keiji has never been amazing with girls, so its nice to hear someone finally wants to date him!!" she smiled and left the room, leaving you stood there like a statue. that was until there was ANOTHER knock on the door, the person only gave you half a second to react before letting themselves in.

"sorry y/n, do you want breakfast?" keiji rested his hands on the doorframe, leaning slightly into the room.

"im so sorry but i have plans later today with kenma! we can have dinner at mine tonight though!!" you shot him a quick smile and left the bathroom and went down the stairs, leaving the boy to think.

'kenma huh? is that her type?'

a/n

love rivalry??!!