preparations

friday, 18 january
2:30pm

TOP SECRET BIRTHDAY GROUP CHAT

y/n
bo are u ON THE WAY

bokuto
upset that yew think i am so unreliable

kaashi
upset you aren't self aware

y/n
oh lord
y/n
is it in one piece does anyone
need help this can't go wrong!!

bokuto
which bakery is it..?

y/n
the one next to your house babe..
y/n
it's ready now, i've sent you the money
y/n
i BEG you just keep it safe

kenma
this is a big ask

y/n
well youre with me right now why are you texting

kenma
let a man talk jeez

kaashi
it should be easy nuff right

y/n
.. wrong

you sighed massively, staring at the massive table of food and candies that you've tirelessly set up for your cousin's birthday. it was only you, kenma & kageyama. after a long week of preparations, you wanted to relax, but these hyperactive man-boys decided to throw confetti all over your pristine living room.

kenma shuffles his way over to the speaker system in the corner of the room, eyebrows furrowed when his bluetooth was, "being gay", and wouldn't connect to the speaker. this trial and error continued, as you busied yourself with setting out plastic cutlery, a loud:

" WHERE THE FUCK MY BLUNT WHERE THE FUCK MY BLUNT WHERE THE FUCK MY REEFA "

erupted from the speakers. which, usually, would initiate a huge huge argument from you.. but it kept them quiet: like having cocomelon on for youngens.

TOP SECRET BIRTHDAY GROUP CHAT

y/n
bo.. hows it going?
( seen by : @keiji )

"fuck you."

time passes, kenma and kageyama are bickering over the song choice, until an (unfortunately) familiar song blares through the house, echoing off of the ceiling and making the table shake. you shot a look at kenma, who immediately jumped to his phone to turn the music down.

"y/n, what's up with you?" kageyama dared to open his big ass mouth.

"you are 'helping' me and you're dancing!!"

"you've not asked us to do anything!" he shrugged

"can you put some good music on? that'd be a good start,"

"okay mardy ass.." he sighed

( https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1lum56BcsGsIhZ2gk2qawM?si=HZFVee5TToiLtMBzhXJ8oQ&pi=e-D__QjT01Q7yt )

you, for once, actually enjoyed the music they put on for you. you'd be lying if you said that you weren't dancing.. maybe a bit too much.

"i don't think we need bokuto anymore, we have enough cake here," kageyama joked, slapping your ass; turning the music down and sitting on the couch. he turned on netflix, flickrd tiredly through the same 90's chick-flicks with the same boring cast. like where's the flavour? hellaur?

"not funny, tobio" kenma scoffed.

speaking of bokuto, he was stuck in heavy traffic, as he anxiously sang the lyrics to 2000's rnb songs to help calm himself down from the stress. akaashi on the other hand? he was sat in the passengers seat, yelling at bokuto about how bad of a driver he is. honestly, he was the worst person to be stuck in a car with.

( example of bokuto:

"i'm 😨 sorry 😣 miss jackson 😬 ooh 😮 i am 🙁 for reaaalll 🤬"

bonus: 'I 😩😒 DIDNT MEAN 😪😔🥺 IT WHEN I SAID I DIDNT 😕😉🤨 LUV U SO..' )

TOP SECRET BIRTHDAY PLANS

kaashi
someone please help me
kaashi
i'm driving with a madman
kaashi
tell my main hoe i love her

kenma
what is up with YOU

y/n
main hoe??????

kaashi
not the point

kenma
talk . to . me .

y/n
yea actually what's going on

kaashi
🟪 New Snap
( opened by noturwifey )

y/n
what the hell
y/n
why is the cake LOPSIDED
y/n
don't piss me off please

kaashi
i am so sorry girl i have never met
kaashi
oops emergency gotta go! :3

"i'm gonna kill him!!!!"

"you mean kiss?" kenma chimed, tapping away on his phone.

"i am so done with all of you."

you looked up and observed the mess before you. the house was nowhere near ready for a birthday party: let alone for kuroo's last birthday before university. there were cups all over the floor, a pile of tangled wires from kenma's tantrum, shoes on the table, and a pouting kageyama laying on the tiles in the kitchen. to put it gently, it was a shitshow.

you had an hour before the guests arrived, "if we move now, we can be ready early.." you began, wincing.

"we're moving??" kageyama groaned.

"well the mess won't clean itself will it?" you snapped back, staring at him.

"you sound like such a mom right now, my god," kenma muttered.

"what was that kozume?"

"nothing. im sorry." he replied, albeit sheepishly.

"what if we just shove it under the sofa?" kageyama said, thinking he said the smartest thing ever.

"yeah nice one, til atsumu tries to pick it up, like he always does." you huffed.

"y/n, go upstairs, do your makeup, or your hair, i don't know, and we'll sort it out for you." kenma said, smiling a bit too kindly at you.

"yeah.. it can't be awful, there's a minimart up the road, we can run there if its shit!!" kageyama tried his hardest to help.

"what if he makes a joke out of me?" even though you were both very close in age, kuroo had never taken you seriously, he treated you like a child. "i'm gonna go get ready, do you have clothes on you?"

"yeah" they hummed in sync

"everyone's gonna be here soon.." you trailed off as you walked upstairs, leaving kenma and kageyama staring at eachother, dumbfounded.