Five

After that night, I didn't have to go back for another couple of days when another important friend of Sebastian's held another dinner. As expected, word got out that Sebastian had been seeing someone for nearly a year, and at our dinner table, we were the stars of the conversation. I was a person of many words, but never in my life did I have to tell so much about myself in the span of ninety minutes. It was that part of the next event I was dreading most.

As much as I wanted to keep the dress, I knew that if I came home with it on, Vanna would hound me for answers, so reluctantly, I hung it up in the closet where I first found it and returned home in the matching sweats I had on before. Vanna was home before me and she was already asleep, which was great because my feet were no doubt covered in blisters and I wanted nothing more than to take my makeup off and sleep until the rapture.

After showering for about an hour, scalding my skin while replaying the night's events, I wrapped a towel around myself and checked my phone. The unsaved number (that I really needed to save) texted me, saying: Tomorrow 3:00. Upon seeing the time, I counted the hours from when I fell asleep to when Tom would pick me up to see how much sleep I would get, groaning when I realized it was less than twelve hours. I was curious to know why I needed to go back to Sebastian's if I wasn't needed for another couple of days, but I was too tired to worry about for the moment. That was tomorrow's problem.

I woke to Tom tapping my shoulder, with Vanna standing next to him. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, stretching as I did so. "What time is it?" I asked and Tom checked his watch. "It's 2:50," he answered, "And we need to go now if we want to make it on time." "It takes half an hour to get there," I said as I rolled out of bed, "We'd be late anyway." "You underestimate my driving skills," Tom responded both playfully and seriously, "I didn't feel the need to show you them last time."

Gesturing for him to turn around, I opened a drawer and took out a pair of jeans and grabbed a top from the closet. I put them on as quick as I could, but I was still drowsy and it took a couple of tries to put my jeans on right. When I finally got dressed I left my bedroom and Tom and Vanna followed suit. I grabbed my shoes and sat on the couch as I tied them, looking up at both Tom and Vanna. "You know, you're usually punctual," I pointed out, "Or at least whoever picks me up is." "I got distracted," Tom said quickly and immediately I turned to Vanna, who was currently trying to cover up the multiple love bites on her collarbone. "On company time? Really?" I scolded, "It's my ass that's probably gonna get ripped when we get there."

"Whatever," Tom rolled his eyes, "Are you ready to go?" "As a matter of fact, I am," I stood up and held the door open for him and Tom left before me. Turning to Vanna before I fully left I asked, "Was he good?" Vanna nodded fiercely, "Oh my god you have no idea." I had to stifle the hysterics that bubbled in my throat, and I blew her a kiss before closing the door.

"Care to explain your lack of punctuality?" Sebastian pointed at his watch rather aggressively as I sat in his office. "Actually, I can," I said, raising a finger, "My chauffeur fucked my roommate and then woke me up." Sebastian, who had a rant prepared for me, stared at me, gobsmacked. "...What?" he said, not sure if he heard me right. "You heard me," I crossed one leg over the other and relaxed myself fully in the chair, "Why am I here today, anyway? I thought the next event wasn't for a couple of days."

"It's not," Sebastian said, "But I have someone coming here today for business, so you have to be around the estate for the day." "We didn't tell anybody we moved in together, did we?" I raised an eyebrow, "Wouldn't it be perfectly fine for me to not be here?" "It is, but this person wanted to meet you too," Sebastian pushed his chair back and left his desk. He made his way around and offered his hand to me. The first thing I noticed was the lack of rings. "Your hand's naked," I blurted out and he grinned. "So it is," he said, "I didn't think you would notice."