Chapter 16: Pens and Swords

Start from the beginning

The female voice whimpers, possibly alluding to her crying. After a few moments, nothing happens...

...

...

...

...until a hand reaches down from above the surface and feels around for the sword.

??? (Male): "I can't find you!"

??? (Female): "Ah-! O-Okay, um, a little more to...your right."

The hand moves in the direction the female tells it to go.

??? (Male): "How about now?"

??? (Female): "Forward."

The hand moves near to the sword.

??? (Female): "Closer... Closer..."

The hand finally touches the sword.

??? (Female): "Yes! Yes, you have me! Now, pull me out!"

The hand grips the sword handle tightly and yanks it towards the surface, but before it can finally exit the water-

(*Smash Cut*)

Saber loudly gasps as she realizes she was daydreaming. She is shown to be standing in...

before she takes a moment to catch her breath

...before she takes a moment to catch her breath.

Saber (mind): "(*furrowed brow*) How long has it been since then...?"

She regains her composure before picking up where she left off. The wooshes of her strikes and her heavy breathing echo throughout the training hall as she starts to go faster and faster with each passing beat. Eventually, she becomes so fast that her attacks start to blur.

It is only after a few more minutes does she finally end her onslaught with a final downward strike. She lets out a yell as she seemingly cuts the very air in front of her. The gust caused by her strike spreads out all around her.

Saber stands back up, takes a deep breath and sheathes her wooden practice sword. Not needing to turn around, she speaks.

Saber: "Are you going to stand there gawking all night, my Lord?"

The Incubus Prince, realizing he's been caught, steps out of the shadow of the entrance and fully enters the room.

Amadeus: "I didn't want to interrupt."

Saber: "I thank you. I am finished for the day, though had I realized sooner that you were watching, I would have asked you to join me."

Amadeus: "It's fine. Clearly you needed no such help from me."

Saber puts away her training gear as she speaks.

Saber: "(*confident smile*) I see. I graciously accept your compliment. (*serious*) However, am I right to assume you didn't just come here to watch me train?"