Mo' Danger, Mo' Problems

Start from the beginning

He was cut off by the sound of the wristbands exploding. Henry and I hugged each other in fear and surprise. The hug only lasted for seconds when it got awkward. We cleared our throats and looked in any other direction but the direction we were in.

"I see you two are wearing pajama pants." My dad observed, looking at our outfits one by one.

"Yeah, it's almost midnight," Henry reminded and rubbed his eyes. "I was studying for this huge test tomorrow."

"What subject?" I inquired. I never studied for my test since I could just search the answers up online. Being homeschooled was such a perk.

"Puerto Rican history,"

"Ah, Puerto Rico." My dad inhaled and exhaled. "Land of.."

"Puerto Ricans?"

"Right."

The emergency alarm siren went off and we all jumped over to the monitor.

"Uh-oh." My dad pressed accept on the video call while Henry and I stood behind him.

"What's up, Gooch?" Henry asked.

"There's a robbery in progress,"

I crossed my arms. "Where?"

"At the 24-hour antique bottle shop,"

"Glass from the past?" Henry turned to me in shock.

"Affirmative."

"On it." My dad ended the video call and turned back over to us.

I took out my gumball tube. "Shall we?"

"Let's blow some bubbles and fight some crime." Henry took out his gumball tube and so did my dad.

We started chewing on our bubblegum and stood in a line, facing the south wall. We blew our bubbles and transformed into superhero uniforms.

"Let's hit it, Quick Shot and Kid Danger." Captain Man rejoiced and ran over to the tube platform.

"Fist!" Kid Danger exclaimed and we fist bumped each other.

We both sprinted to our tubes and I hugged Kid Danger's waist since he stole my tube and we're waiting for someone to install another tube for me. Well, that's what Captain Man said but I don't think I'll ever get another tube installed for me.

We immediately tapped our belt buckles. "Up the tube!"

As we flew up the tube, Kid Danger's boot fell off. "Aw, my boot!"

"Hah!" I giggled, still clutching onto his waist.

"Shut up!" Kid Danger replied, but when I looked up I could see him smiling.

"Yell 'up the boot'!" Captain Man yelled from the other tube.

"Up the boot!"

The boot flew up and hit both me and Kid Danger in the face. "Ow!"

***

We arrived at Glass From The Past and two men stood inside by the cashier.

"Excuse me." Captain Man shut the door behind him, aggressively. The men turned around to us with a mix of shock and anger.

The man with the pole looked over at us and rolled his eyes. "What the—"

"Captain Man!" The worker exclaimed and almost jumped up and down in happiness and relief.