𝐜 𝐢 𝐧 𝐪

Start from the beginning

The next morning, Madelyn came down to tell her dad she wasn't feeling so good.

"Maddy you're running a fever. Stay here today and if it's still bad tomorrow, we're going to the hospital," He said as he felt her forehead. She was slightly hotter than what a normal fever was like, but Charlie knew she had a high temperature anyway. She went back to her room and waited for Bella and her dad to leave. 

She quickly got dressed and ran to La Push. She knocked at Sam's door only to hear a voice telling her to come in.

"You don't have to knock you know," Emily hugged and greeted her. The three boys were eating breakfast and the girls joined them. Soon after, Sam and Paul left to go patrol while Madelyn and Jared went into the backyard. Both Paul and Jared had graduated last year so they didn't have to leave for school.

"Usually, when we shift, it's out of anger or a leech is near by," Madelyn wanted to growl at that but she didn't. Nobody was going to talk about her imprint that way, even if he didn't know. She decided to talk to them about it at the end of the day. 

They spent the entire day learning to shift and fight in wolf form. She had to shift about six times for it to not be as painful as it was. The Beta was trying to make her angry and at the end of the morning, he didn't have to do it anymore for her to phase. In the afternoon, Jared went to patrol and Paul took his place. Her muscles were aching when they went back inside. They were all sitting in the living room.

"Is everything okay Maddy?" Sam already had an idea about what she wanted to talk. Even Paul and Jared knew. She forgot that they could hear each other's thoughts or else she would have told them in the morning that she imprinted on a bloodsucker. They weren't especially happy that her imprint was one, but they couldn't do anything about it. Madelyn was their new sister and they had to be there for her. She had phased for the first time yesterday and imprinted on the same day, she needed their support.

"Um, I wanted to talk to you about something," They nodded and Jared shot her a reassuring smile. "I imprinted. On a Cullen," Jared and Paul growled protectively, not happy about their pack sister getting involved with a leech. Sam only breathed out and rubbed his face. Madelyn bit her lip at their reaction. She expected them to be mad at her to bring a vampire into the pack, but they were calmer than she thought. The truth was the boys had already reacted badly and didn't want to do it again in front of her.

"An imprint is a member of the pack," Sam nodded, trying to convince himself. He looked at the Swan girl, frowning. "We knew about it. When you shifted, we saw it. Listen, we're not happy about it. But we know, I know, that you didn't chose and it's alright. However, the rules about the Cullens are still applied to him. He can't come into our land, can't bite someone..." He trailed off. Madelyn nodded at that and smiled.

"We saw he made you happy, so I guess I can tolerate him," Paul grunted. "But I need to have a chat with him," He said, with a smug smirk, Jared nodding in agreement, a protecting glint in his eyes.

"I'm so happy for you, I'm sure he's great," Emily, being her accepting and loving self, jumped off the couch and hugged Madelyn tightly. After getting a hug from everybody, she left to go back to the Swan's residence. Later, she got a call from her dad saying he was going to come get her. Bella was in a car accident and she was at the hospital.

"Bella, are you okay?" Charlie asked hurriedly when they burst through the door. He then looked at Tyler, the one who was driving the van which almost hurt Bella. "You and I are going to talk. Are you alright?" He turned back to his daughter.

"I'm fine, Dad, calm down," She rolled her eyes at him while her older sister narrowed hers. Tyler kept apologizing to her. "It's okay, Tyler."