Chapter 1 : It's been too long

Hermione pov.

I woke up in the morning with a stray of sunlight in my face. I rolled over to the other side of the bed, I found it empty, again. It was the third time this week he got the morning shift in St. Mungos. "I thought he only had 2 morning shifts this week" I sigh to myself.

Suddenly the door of the master bedroom swings open. I jump up and grab my wand in a second. "Love, calm down it's only me," Draco says. "Sorry, I thought you had the morning shift again and those reflexes are still from war..." I say with a sad smile, I look up and see Draco smirk. "Mia, how many times do I have to tell you that I only have 2 morning shifts a week and 4 day shifts. You know that I convinced my boss."

"Then when were you?", he looks up and smirks again. Oh, sometimes I would love it and other times I would just slam it of his face.

"I was just maki-" he starts explaining but I didn't hear a word anymore. I was running towards the bathroom, leaving Draco in our bedroom. Right when I entered the bathroom I could feel yesterday's dinner coming back up. It didn't take me half a minute to start throwing up. 'Gross' I thought.

Right then I feel somebody pull back my hair gently and he starts rubbing my back.

"Are you alright, love?" he asks carefully, since he knows not to mess with me when I'm angry, upset or not feeling good.

I roll my eyes at him. "Yeah, I'm completely fine, wonderful I would even say. Yesterday's dinner just didn't want me as much as I wanted it yesterday" I answer sarcastically.

"I'm sorry love. But you just got the award for being more sarcastic than Snape, which I didn't know was possible." I give him a small smile.

"How come you know how to make me feel better even after I just throw up?"

"It's my job to know, love, we married each other for a reason. Remember I love you." By now I was back up at my feet and Draco steps closer and leans in. I step back and pull away. He looks at me surprised and a bit disappointed.

"Dray?" He just looks up and stays silent. "It's not that I don't want to kiss you." His face lightens up immediately. " I just - , you know, throw up."

"You're right, I kinda forgot..." He answers while he scratches the back of his neck. 

"When does your shift start today?" I ask him. 

"I don't have to go today since I did all my shifts already this week, unless there's an emergency but you need me more at the moment. Don't you?" I giggle at his reaction. "Now, I think you want to freshen up yourself a bit, you do that and go back to bed." I look at him confused.

"Dray, it's 9 am and I'm hungry"

"I know, but to answer your question about where I was when you woke up, I was making you breakfast and I was gonna bring it to you, but you decided that you wanted to run to the bathroom."

After 15 minutes Draco walks in with a tray full of my favorite breakfast : pancakes and a glass of fresh orange juice. I smile at him. "You're way too good for me Dray, what have I done to have you make me breakfast?"

"You're being here Mrs. Malfoy" He says and kisses my forehead.

"Can I have that kiss now?"

"You don't even have to ask, love" he closes the space between us and pulls me in a passionate kiss.

After I pull away, Draco just sits next to me and watches me eat my breakfast.

"Don't you want any?"