Somehow he found himself studying her plump lips, the rings on her fingers, her chocolate brown eyes. He'd known her. He had known her. He had known her before. He had known her, he just knew it.

He had known-

"Malfoy,"

She snapped him out of his thoughts, standing in the doorway, accompanied by a steaming mug of hot coffee.

"Sorry," he mumbled, "tired."

She gave a him small nod, sitting down with her legs crossed, their bodies separated merely by a sea of paper stacks.

They had five more stacks left.

"Are you sure you're alright?" She reached for the next file, but his hand brushed against hers and she backed away.

"Um-yeah, yeah I'm good," he exclaimed. She could swear she saw a light tinge of pink resting on his cheeks, taking the paper before sorting it into it's proper pile.

"Maybe it's your turn to take the mattress," she smiled softly, shaking her head.

"I'm alright, seriously," he said with a yawn, his chest puffing out as he stretched his arms, ruffling his hair with his fingers.

"You've gone through four stacks overnight, impressive."

"I'd say we make a pretty good team, but you were sleeping while I did all the work," he rolled his eyes, leaning against the front of his desk.

"yeah yeah, we've still got work to finish, let's get this over with," she exclaimed, their hands brushing against one another once again as his eyes met hers for a brief moment, before looking back down at the ground with a sigh.

............

"I think I found something," he patted the ground, motioning for her to sit next to him.

"What is it?" she stood from her spot across from him, taking a seat.

"It's a picture of him from the war, I don't recognize him. I had to fight for Voldemort, I knew nearly every death eater in his army, or so I thought at least, but I don't recognize him."

"Do you think his dark mark is a tattoo? What if he wanted to be part of the army but 'wasn't chosen' or something?"

"It's possible," he exclaimed, setting the paper down in the important section. "Were you part of Voldemort's army? I know you um.. have a dark mark."

"I was. Sort of. Why do you ask?" she was brought back to the memory of him holding her while she received it, the black ink bubbling into her skin as she cried.

"No reason. I just-I don't understand why I don't remember you. That's all."

"Oh," she said merely at a whisper, so quiet he almost missed it. "Agent Malfoy-"

"Please," his eyes met hers, "you can call me Draco."

"But you said-"

"Please. Say it."

It was then she noticed how close they were; every drop of oxygen had left her lungs as she stared up at him, his eyes wandering her sweet complexion.