Chapter 10: Quidditch

Start from the beginning

The unholy glee they gave him was answer enough.

The next few days followed the same routine as always only interrupted by the new trickster magic lessons with Loki

The next few days followed the same routine as always only interrupted by the new trickster magic lessons with Loki. It turned out that Fred and George were quite proficient in mind magic which they eagerly trained now. They all also quickly learned why Loki always ate sweets. Trickster Magic as it seemed was very draining physically, and the sugar in the candies compensated that.

Their eagerness to learn quickly bore fruits. It wasn't that they suddenly were the master of pranking, but they managed to switch the colour of things within the first week. Harry had to admit that it was kind of hilarious when you were in a conversation, and he gestured with his hands. When suddenly, the other sported different colours without noticing or knowing how he did it. People simply dismissed his gestures as normal gesticulations during a conversation.

They went on like that until the middle of November when the first official Quidditch match Gryffindor versus Slytherin was due.

It was the morning of the game, and they sat in the great hall at breakfast talking about it.

"I wonder what broom you'll use since you don't have your own" Neville asked.

"Huh, I don't know. Oliver never mentioned something about that" Harry replied when suddenly six owls swooped in with a large parcel between them.

They landed gracefully in front of him and after every one of them got a piece of bacon they left.

"Who sends you a parcel at that time?" Dean asked.

"Who I don't know, but I think this is the solution to my problem. You weren't the one?" Harry questioned Loki.

"Nah, I'm not into brooms though I think the note should answer your question."

Harry opened it. It seemed that it was McGonagall who send him the broom. He quickly unpacked it and out came the coolest thing he ever saw.

"Wow, a Nimbus 2000. We surely are going to win with that" Lee Jordan commented.

"Come on I want to test it before the game" Harry exclaimed, grabbed the broom and ran out of the hall. Neville shook his head, and Loki snickered, but both followed him.

Harry was already on the pitch and in the air when they arrived. He flew one insane stunt after the other enjoying his new broom. Since it was one hour before the game would begin, he had enough time.

About half an hour later, the rest of the Quidditch team arrived shaking their heads over Harry who flew upside down at the moment. Harry flew down and followed them to the meeting. Wood gave them their speech.

Now they were standing in the hallway to the pitch.

"Harry, just catch the snitch before the Slytherins do, okay?" Harry nodded.