Chapter 10: Quidditch

Start from the beginning

Loki waved her goodbye, and before he left her office, he conjured up a crate with three more bottles of the Scotch.

"Do you have to report me to Dumbledore?"

"As long as you don't grow too exuberant with your pranks, I don't see a reason to do so."

With that, he left.

She shook her head but smiled. For now, she would leave him be. Sure in front of the other teachers she would have to play the stern teacher but to be honest, she liked his pranks despite the headaches they gave her. It wasn't that he didn't clean up behind himself or bullied someone. Perhaps this could lighten up the daily life a bit.

Besides that, should her suspicions about how Harry was treated by his relatives be correct...she didn't doubt that it would destroy the boy should he lose one of his real friends. She didn't question that Loki was one with how he treated the boy.

A few minutes later, Loki slumped very ungracefully into one of the chairs in front of the Gryffindor common room's fireplace

"What did McGonagall want?" Harry asked while sitting down himself.

"To know who I am" he stated dryly.

"You didn't tell her, did you?" Harry was worried that she might get Loki kicked out of school.

"She would have found out eventually, so I told her, and as long as I don't go overboard with my pranks or hurt someone, I think she will leave me alone."

Harry sighed in relieve. "But what was that with the troll? I mean, how did he get in?"

"I don't know but should I find the person who thought that it was a good idea he or she will wish they hadn't done it. What would have happened hadn't I be with you? You might be dead now. One thing's for sure I teach you trickster magic, and we will start tomorrow. I don't want you to get killed only because I wasn't there in time" he growled.

Yes, what he did to the troll was funny, but he wasn't delusional and hadn't he been there it might have ended badly. He would make sure that they could defend themselves.

Hermione, who happened to overhear that came over asking whether she could attend. Loki glanced at her before he answered.

"I'm sorry, but I doubt that you would be able to perform that branch of magic very well if at all" she gave him a questioning look. "It is because of how that magic works. Trickster magic is based on breaking out of conformities, to neglect rules and defy authorities. You are too rule and authority bound to perform this properly."

Hermione let her head hang, but Loki was right she wouldn't be able to go against rules like he inclined would be necessary.

"Hey, Fred, George" the twins came over.

"~What can we do for you, master?"

"I'll start teaching Harry and Neville trickster magic beginning tomorrow. Want to join in?"