Prologue

Growing up, the boys were inseparable. Even from a young age, the duo was basically joined at the hip. They did everything together, from playing together in kindergarten to being the lead male roles in the school's drama productions. Being next-door neighbors with a boy your age who had all the same interests as you would be like a match made in heaven. And for Dream and Technoblade, it was. Both natural writers, jokesters, and fighters. It couldn't have been a better match. Both had siblings, and they sympathized with each other over that. The only difference was that Dream was a talker. He talked to anyone, about anything. He loved talking to people. Technoblade, on the other hand, was quiet. He preferred to let Dream do the talking for him. Both of the boys were incredibly smart. Top of their classes, loved by their teachers. They couldn't be happier. Dream's older brother, Punz, was the linebacker of the school football team. They all had the best life they could've imagined. As per usual, however, all good things must come to an end. 

=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=

Dream was sitting on the grass with a smile, Techno sitting in front of him and humming a tune lightly as the blond braided long pink hair. He was one of the only people the pinkette ever allowed to touch his hair, the others being his family of course.

Finishing off the tie and letting go of Techno's hair, Dream scooted over and looked at the other before giggling, "You usually don't look this peaceful." He teased which caused Techno to look at him, bright ruby red mixed with the orange of the sunset. Technoblade's response was a roll of the eyes and a small smile. "You just haven't seen me like this in awhile." "Yeah, because you won't stop getting into fights at school!" The blonde retorted with a laugh.

They shared responses back and forth, teasing each other before Dream finally sighed and leaned back, watching what remained of the golden globe before them as it began to drift under a blue ocean that bled with the sun's heavenly glow.

The cliff they were at was their special spot that they shared for as long as they could remember. The perfect view of the horizon, which was especially beautiful during the sunset, the perfect spot for cliff jumping where the ocean waves crashed into the cliff-side below, and perfectly hidden by the small patch of woods near their houses.

Secluded, quiet, and beautiful. Everything the two ever needed, besides each other of course.

"This is always my favorite part of the day.." Technoblade whispered, enjoying the last of the sun's warmth as the cold of night got closer with every passing second. Dream glanced back with a smile, "The sunset?" He questioned. Techno shook his head and smiled softly, still facing the sun which allowed the orb to highlight his features with a golden honey shine.

"No. Spendin' time with you. Without a care in the world!" the shorter male stated, "This place is ours, Dream! Just you and me.. just us." Ruby eyes met emerald ones. "This cliff here has been our safe space since we were little, Smiles. We've never shared it with anyone else.."

With that, the pinkette laid back against the cool grass, watching as the denim blue sky began to bleed into a dark navy and sprinkle itself with the soft shine of stars. "What more could I need?"

Dream felt his heart twist in a painful guilt and he looked away from his best friend with a look of regret filling his eyes. He hadn't the heart to tell Technoblade of his current situation and didn't think he really could.

Deciding it was better to just enjoy this final, glittering star lit night with his best friend, his crush since forever, he lay back next to Techno.

"I wish nights like these never had to end.."

=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=