Silver Linings 🛸

Anjali carefully tucked in her saree pleats as her husband watched her intently. She caught him staring. It got her fuming.
"Dei yenna da?"
"Hm? Nothing? You just look really good in that saree, husband ah irunthu ithukuda rasikilana epudi?"he blurted before instantly regretting his answer. She's going to come at me oh god! Anjali glared at him with her arms in fists. "Shut up and turn around before I say something I regret! I've had enough of your nonsense today. Wait for me at the lobby, I'll be done in a bit" she scowled at him, her pink cheeks turning red. She could not help being mad at him for what he had done neither could she not love him for being hers now. Every time she looked into his eyes, her naked nights with him on her flashed through her mind in a slideshow. How could she hate him for giving her some of the best moments of her life thus far? True that they have only known each other for less than 6 months but she felt that she had spent an entire eternity with him. Hence, sharing his love sounded insane! He was hers and only hers. Whoever this Sheewani was, she has got to go. "I'll make sure she does" she hissed, pinning her hair back as they dropped as ropes gently patting her shoulders and buttocks at regular instances.
Anirudh did not dare question his madam. He walked out holding his breath careful not to aggravate her irritation, slipping through the door like a lizard. On his way down, he was recollecting everything that had happened between him and Anjali. "Why did I make it so much worse than it already is?" He felt like kicking himself. "Anjali loves me but so does Sheewani. How did I fail to do justice to the latter? Now I have wronged them both. I need them both though. Arghhh! Yenna da Ani ippdi pannita!" After moments of being lost in thoughts, he caught a woman's behind blinding his disturbed head. It was somewhat familiar and he could not stop staring. "Dei Ani niruthu da! Innumoru ponnu ah onaku thangathu da! Enough drama da dei!"he shook off the thought of following her as they approached the lobby, one behind the other. He quickly looked away, grabbed his phone from his back pocket and scanned through his contacts to find Sheewani's number. Taking in a fresh deep breath of air, he clicked on her name.
"Hello?"
"Hello? Yaaru?" He instantly recognised her silvery voice. Guilt and regret washed over his face and he ran his fingers into his hair to remain cool. Forcing his eyes shut, he geared up to face his fears and right his wrong.
"Hi, Sheewani. It's.. it's um Anirudh" Don't stutter now, Ani you've got to do this! For yourself and for Anjali.
"Ani?" he could hear the surprise in her voice but kept going.
"Hey yeah! Um how are you, Sheewani?"
"I'm good, hope you are too. Marriage ayidichunu Twitter la parthen"
"Yeah.. yeah, Sheewani. Actually, listen, I'd like to meet you"
"Me? Why, Ani? I've had enough of you and your lovely family. You've done me more good than anyone else I've ever met!"
"I understand that I can't change what has happened but.. but.. I'd really like you to see that I'm not all that you have seen. You've been there for me. Always. And I appreciate that now. I've made some dumb decisions but it's different now. Just thought that.. that.. Anjali should see it too. She and you should see the real me. You deserve that. I promise" he finished, sighing. "Look, I understand if you don't want to meet but it would be great if you could just give me a chance to help myself"
He could not clearly decipher how his words have been conveyed to his former lady love. A couple of moments later, she replied "okay, Ani. For Anjali"
Anirudh could barely believe his luck. Thanking his stars and Sheewani with all his heart, he pushed his mouth to act in unison.
"Thank you, Sheewani. I won't forget this. We'll see you when we get back" he said tearing up. This was yet another unexpected advantage for him. That was the thing with Sheewani. She never stopped giving him anything and everything that he ever requested yet never asked for anything besides his company. On the other hand, he always made sure he benefited from their relationship in the past. Her love was true, deep and one-sided, now he knew. One-sided love was so strong and dangerous to the person on the giving end that it might even kill them. How unfortunate that it is always handed over to the least deserving people in a silver platter! As he looked up, Anjali was walking towards him raising her eyebrows.
"Anjali, good news"
"And what's that gonna be?" she avoided eye contact with him, placing her pleats in order and looking out into the distance as several hotel boys glued their eyes to her slim figure. Anirudh pretended to not notice, gently cupping her waist and headed out into the brightly lit streets.
"Dei chumma mela kai vekkatha!" but she blushed so much that Anirudh turned around and smiled to himself. "Yen di, pondatti? I've talked to Sheewani"
Her eyes brightened. "And? What did she say?" she tugged onto her man's sleeve desperately.
Anirudh pretended not to hear her, looking up at the dusky sky. "Hey, you know what? We should watch the sunset! Let's go, ithu Londonla famous theriyumo maami?"
"Ani! Sheewani yenna sonna?" Anjali asked him firmly, pulling his slender figure back to face her.
"We'll meet her the minute we go back to Chennai. Ippo happy ah? Maamaku raathri saapaadu poduviya?" he teased her. She reached for his biceps, pinching it hard as he yelled out in pain. "Maama neenga pannuna velayki pattiniyavey irungga!"
"Vera yaaru kudayo poiyiduven di! I have the charm don't underestimate me!"
"Don't make me hit you with my heels, purusha!" Anjali cried, bending over to pick her striking red heel. Anirudh stopped her, pulled her up by her arms. They looked into each other's eyes before indulging in a long kiss, completely blind to their surroundings.

The pair see some light in solving their problem. What's next? Keep supporting for more regular updates!