Prologue

Long ago, there was an exuberant place called UglyVille, where a species called "UglyDolls" lived, led by their beloved mayor, a green rabbit-like doll named Ox. They would sing and dance, frolic about, throw gargantuan festivals, and have a blast. But one determined, pink doll named Moxy was curious about what was beyond their town. 

There was a legend that traversed through UglyVille- whether or not the "Big World" was real. Rumor had it the Big World was a place where all dolls could travel, and upon arrival, they would begin the greatest experience they could ever know.

Young Moxy and her small group of companions traveled outside of UglyVille, discovering a place called the Institute of Perfection. This place was led by a handsome, humanoid doll named Lou, with golden-blond hair, and ocean-blue eyes. He was very uptight and overly-strict regarding other dolls' appearances and ran them ragged through a series of tricky obstacle courses. In his mind, he believed that ugly dolls need to be recycled until they become a symbol of perfection and anything less attractive than himself was unworthy of a trip to the Big World.

Turns out, Lou was training dolls for something known as the Gauntlet. It was essentially a house designed to simulate what life would be like in the real world, and once a doll successfully passed, they would go through a portal and end up in the Big World. Then, they would be taken in by a child who chose them.

Much to Moxy's surprise, the legend about the Big World was indeed true, and the determined doll did everything she could to make it to the other side. And finally, after what felt like an eternity, she passed the Gauntlet, and she was taken in by her child.

Unfortunately for Lou, the doll population discovered that his strict training and harsh criticism of their physiques were unnecessary, and merely a result of the devastating fact he was unable to leave the Institution due to his dark secret and his envy of the other dolls. He'd made them believe they needed to be flawless and agile to pass, but in reality, they needed to show love and compassion. He was a prototype, not meant for public consumption. When they found out, the crowd turned on him and threw him mercilessly into the washing machine- something that slowly damages dolls over time to the point they are eventually discarded.

It seemed as though Moxy had saved the day. All the UglyDolls celebrated, and Ox decided to merge the Institute of Perfection with UglyVille, into one large venue which would become "Imperfection." Everyone was happy, the UglyDolls now befriending the Perfection Dolls as they danced and sung their days away with glee. But there was one unsolved problem...