chapter 33 - b r o k e n h e a r t

Comincia dall'inizio

The father and daughter sat their in silence while Dumbledore was talking to people at the Ministry, trying to figure out what to do.

There was a loud burst of the door and Fred ran in frantically looking for Natalia, tears brimming his eyelids.

He quickly ran up and hugged Natalia, making sure to ask if she was okay.

"Alright now we heard a little bit of that conversation but we need to know everything that happened Miss Black," Dumbledore said calmly.

Natalia visibly tensed but them Fred whispered, "I'm here it's okay," into her ear.

She grabbed Fred's hand and held it tightly before telling what happened, starting from the first time it happened years ago to now.

***

Natalia told the three everything and Fred hadn't let go of her hand the entire time. Sirius was crying by the end of it, McGonagall even shed a few tears.

People from the Ministry had come and taken Josh away, making sure to tell Natalia that he would get what he deserved. They originally asked her to testify in court but it was too much for her and they said that they would get the story from Dumbledore or McGonagall if she still wasn't feeling up to it by the time of the trial.

Sirius, Fred, and Lia had all left Dumbledore's office and they were standing there in silence.

"Nat I'm gonna go back to my dorm okay? I'll meet you there, talk to your dad," he whispered into her ear before giving her a small kiss and then leaving.

"Sweetheart-"

"Dad," she said, her voice cracking.

"Why didn't you tell me about Beauxbatons?"

"I felt ashamed. I didn't want to cause trouble because you and uncle Lupin worked so hard to keep me safe but it didn't work. I didn't want to burden anyone."

"Burden me? Sweetheart I love you, you are my daughter. I want to help you, nothing you do could ever burden me. Especially something as serious as that."

"I know that now Dad but before I didn't have friends or anything and no one told me it was okay to have other people help you with your problems."

"I'm glad you're able to talk to people now and as much as I hate to say it, I'm glad you're dating Fred. He's really helped you, I don't know, become more open. I know I always joke about how I don't like him because he's dating my only daughter, but he's good for you."

"He's perfect Dad but I always feel like I'm never gonna be good enough for him. He has such a good life and I'm so fucked up that I don't wanna ruin him."

"I don't think Fred would ever leave you even if you paid him a million galleons. He is so in love with you Lia, we can all see it. Stop doubting yourself sweetheart."

"I love you dad."

"I love you too sweetheart."

***

Natalia had talked to her dad for a little bit longer before he had to leave to go back home. She made her way to Fred's room, opening the door and seeing him laying in bed, only in grey sweats.

His hair was covering his eyes as he peacefully slept. Natalia slowly took some of Fred's clothes and changed into them in the bathroom.

Once she was finished, she crawled into the bed with him, her back facing his chest.

PFred noticed the bed dipping and threw his arm around Lia's waist.

"Are you okay love?"

"I'm okay now that I'm with you."

"Mmm," he said while dipping his head into her neck. "Goodnight my love."

"Goodnight Freddie. I love you."

"I love you more," and this time Natalia didn't question it. She finally truly believed that Fred loved her.

A/N:

EDIT: i used gender neutral pronouns at the beginning (they/them) cause i didn't want y'all to know who it was until later in the chapter

they're happy again! i don't know how much longer i want this book to last but i think we're somewhat nearing the end. maybe 10-15ish more chapters? it all depends on ideas i have

i decided no sequel mainly because i have another book i am planning on starting once this book is done (you should check it out, it's a cedric and fred love triangle) and also i feel like sequels never do as well as the first book

p.s. i plan on doing an epilogue and a few bonus chapters after i finish this book

once again, drop ideas for chapters! they can be either smut or fluff ideas and i'll mention you if i use them! (the next few chapters are probably gonna be super smutty so be ready loves)

drop songs for the playlist! anything that reminds you of fred and/or nat or their relationship!

my friend (arreagas_chains) sent me this about fred x nat and it's so true